Whale watching ---- ?? zodiac excursion

cynbar

We are hoping to go whale watching while in Cabo in January on Diamond Princess, and are trying to decide between the zodiac boats and the more traditional ships. Has anyone tried the zodiacs there, and would you recommend it??? Both are ship's tours because we have a short day in that port , and are a little concerned about missing the ship if we book on our own. Thnaks for your advice---

We did a Zodiac whalewatch in P.Vallarta with www.vallartawhales.com, which is the website of open-air expeditions.

Yes, the difference is the restroom.

But as Zodiac are more flexible in sailing and can have a higher speed, your chances of seeing whales are much bigger.

Also of course there are just a few people onboard, not a crowd.

We loved it.!!!

When we went whalewatching in Feb in Cabo from the Pride, we went with the ships tour on the CaboRey, large boat docked at the tender dock. We went just outside the harbor and there was no danger that any of us or any of the small boats we saw near us the whole time would miss the tender. Just don't book it right before you are supposed to leave. Do the tour first, then walk around, or go shopping. I posted some pictures on one of the messages here last week but I will have to find the address again to repost. No memory!! Some of the best whalewatching we have done.Photos are at

http://photosite.com/jquinn/mexico_2004_cruise

Thanks, John ---- I saw your pictures when you first posted the link --- they got me even more excited about a whale watching trip. This is our first Mexican Riviera trip after several to the Caribbean, and the chance to see some whales really sets this apart. Thanks!

Archived