Any advice for 7n Eastern Caribbean on Liberty?

Dh and I have cruised twice on Majesty for the short 3 night. This time we would take all 3 kids. The boys will be 9 and 10 at the time. DD will be just over 3.5 yrs old at the time. We are looking at the first week of August right before school starts. I love all the port stops. We loved the private island of RCCL. Any advice on Carnival's island? We would also stop at St. Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk.

Kid advice?

Room advice?

I see Ocean view is much bigger than the balcony rooms sq ft wise.

Oh and thanks for the link to the stateroom website. I paid the $12.99 membership and love looking at everything.

Oh and how much is a deposit on Carnival?

Tammy

We did the 4 night on The Majesty and that got us hooked on cruising. We were on the Liberty in Jan and it was great it is a much bigger ship than the Majesty and the rooms are so much bigger we had inside on both. We did some of the same ports that you have San Juan is nice and St Thomas is great. Have a great time

the Liberty is a beautiful ship and if you are referring to Half Moon Cay it is gorgeous - white powder sand - clear blue water - a great beach day. I believe there is an area where they have some water toys/slides for the kids to play on!

Grand Turk has a beach area right as you walk off the pier - next to Margaritaville - and you can use their freshwater pool as well - my kids really enjoyed it! San Juan is great with lots of history and you can tour it on your own or hire someone and go see the forts and walk thru Old San Juan.... St Thomas is also very family friendly - I would recommend a tour with Sunny Liston - about $25 per person - downtown shopping/tour of the island/ then some beach time - well worth the money - and the kids will love the singing and 'bouncing' on the open air bus!

Check the 'ports of call' boards for more information and ideas!

As for cabins - I hope you are getting 2 cabins - not sure how comfy you will be with all 5 of you in one cabin (or is that even possible?) You should be able to get connecting staterooms so you can keep your eye on everyone!

Have fun!

Definitely 2 cabins. We have only done oceanview which is what I am thinking again. Oceanview is bigger sq ft wise. The big thing is deck location especially with kids. We did guarenteed both times on our 2 cruises. We got deck 8 first time. It had views but you could see the bottom of the life boats. On the huge upside it was the center of everything. The next cruise we got deck 4 - beautiful views out the window but you had to take awhile to get anywhere. We hate the idea of waiting for elevators UGH.

Tammy

You are going to love the Liberty, and Half Moon Cay is wonderful. If you liked Coco Cay on the Majesty you will love Half Moon Cay's white sand and clear water. St. Thomas has Coral World where you can do sea lion swims, shark encounters, sea turtle encounters and lorikeets that you can feed if your kids like that, they also offer snuba and walking on the ocean floor. San Juan has horseback riding, jungle excursions, and I like to do some shopping when we go there. They have a Coach outlet, a Dooney outlet and several others within walking distance from the ship. Grand Turk is a cruiseline built stop with some shops, a beach and Margaritaville with a pool. You probably already know this, but you can pre-register your kids online for the kids club. Have a great cruise.

Archived