Does Anyone Know...

Hello.

I did try searching for an answer to my question, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I am almost afraid to ask (as this is a controversial subject), but I was wondering if RCI announced whether they will institute a fuel surcharge for the upcoming quarter? I believe oil was above $65 on June 30th, but I haven't heard what (if anything) they will pass on to passengers. I could not find anything on the RCI website.

Fuel surcharge, or not, we'll enjoy our August 23rd cruise aboard Mariner!

TIA!

Hello.

I did try searching for an answer to my question, but didn't find what I was looking for.

I am almost afraid to ask (as this is a controversial subject), but I was wondering if RCI announced whether they will institute a fuel surcharge for the upcoming quarter? I believe oil was above $65 on June 30th, but I haven't heard what (if anything) they will pass on to passengers. I could not find anything on the RCI website.

Fuel surcharge, or not, we'll enjoy our August 23rd cruise aboard Mariner!

TIA!

No fuel surcharge yet. My TA told me yesterday they have made no announcement, and she agrees with some of the posters here that they won't do it unless Carnival does. They will lose too much business if RCCL does reinstate it and Carnival doesn't.

She said Princess has started charging a fuel surcharge recently, but I don't know the particulars of it.

No fuel surcharge yet. My TA told me yesterday they have made no announcement, and she agrees with some of the posters here that they won't do it unless Carnival does. They will lose too much business if RCCL does reinstate it and Carnival doesn't.

She said Princess has started charging a fuel surcharge recently, but I don't know the particulars of it.

No, your TA is wrong, just put a Princess cruise on hold today and NO surcharge

No, your TA is wrong, just put a Princess cruise on hold today and NO surcharge

Well, I said I didn't know the particulars, so maybe it's not effective until a future date, which most of them did the last time.

Well, I said I didn't know the particulars, so maybe it's not effective until a future date, which most of them did the last time.

that could be but I tend to believe that if ANY line re instituted it for ANY date we would have heard about it on these boards.

If you go to the RCI Website and go thru the steps to book a cruise online you will see the statement regarding the possibility of being charged a fuel surcharge. It is at the top of the page in the booking area.

Kathy:)

That's been there since last year (or whenever they discontinued the first surcharge);) So doesn't mean much other than "Heads Up":p

Sorry, I guess I hadn't noticed it before so thought it was relatively new.:o

Kathy

Sorry, I guess I hadn't noticed it before so thought it was relatively new.:o

Kathy

What's new, Kathy, is that statement is now appearing in several places during the booking process where it used to just be on one page. The heads-up is getting more serious!!! :D

Archived