FYI ... Very Interesting Celebrity Thread

HeatherInFlorida

People are starting to jump all over the OP, claiming it's not a real employee but someone acting like one. Regardless, it's good background info, whether an (ex-)employee or just someone who knows the business inside and out.

People are starting to jump all over the OP, claiming it's not a real employee but someone acting like one. Regardless, it's good background info, whether an (ex-)employee or just someone who knows the business inside and out.
Oh, give me a break - Some people's children...

(No wonder Heather finds the Celebrity Board unfriendly)

I agree, Brian ... absolutely nonsense! It's easy to tell by reading all the OP's remarks that he knows what he's talking about. Also because there's no malice involved. What would be the point?

I was really only reading his posts so haven't bothered with the other poster's comments. But if they keep it up, it will just end it for guy and that's too bad because I found it great reading.

POI, I still don't like the Celebrity boards and I'm giving them more than a fair shot. But we have a real nice Roll Call going for our cruise.

Yes, he sounds real to me. It's a guy because he said he lives with his girlfriend. Well, second thought doesn't have to be a guy.:D

Anyway, I can't see what possible benefit he would achieve by not being for real. There's nothing about his answers to show that he's got any kind of agenda. Hasn't even let the annoying posters bother him.

Yes, I think for sure he's for real ... has some extra time on his hands and decided he'd like to interact with passengers more than he was ever allowed to before. I think it's a great thread.

What do you make of that guy/gal? Sounds real enough.

tomc,

I been reading that thread since it started. He sounds real to me. The question I asked was answered very nicely and said he didn't know. If it was some nut case trying to have what he considered "fun" with people,

I like getting info from the crew, but I don't like to pry and I know there is stuff that is private to them. But it's nice to know how they see us, and what will make us better pax. if you're going to cruise regularly, you want to be someone the crew likes, rather than a PITA they have to put up with.

btw: Half my heart is in CT also. I was a dj in Bridgeport, grew up in Stratford.

What do you make of that guy/gal? Sounds real enough.

tomc,

I been reading that thread since it started. He sounds real to me. The question I asked was answered very nicely and said he didn't know. I doubt if he is some nut case trying to have what he considered "fun" with people. The way he answers does not indicate he trying to stirr the pot.

Heather-

I found this very interesting too - I had a chance to look at it yesterday when you first mentioned it and plan to check back in today. It is always nice to hear from someone with that type of knowledge... I have an email contact at HAL but he is currently out of the loop on Holidays...

Thanks again!

I think gizmo got rubbed out in mid-sentence.

EDIT Oh, just a flesh wound. He got up and finished his sentence.

Weird !!! :eek: When I hit submit I got the infamous "Page Expired". When I looked to see what posted, I saw your post and mine that was completed. I never saw the mid sentence but something did happen. :confused: Gremlins are at work.

gizmo -- Check post #11. You can almost hear the gunshot from the dissidents on the X board while you are typing.

"...as his head slumps over the keyboard, it clicks the 'send' button. Later that morning, people wonder about the unfinished sentence. In coming days, the thread is increasingly populated by posts about the missing gizmo. Soon, a 'Anybody Seen Gizmo?' thread develops and, ultimately, the truth comes out. Mildly-famous (in his own town, and hardly even there) news reporter tomc has been sniffing around the boards and learns that the dastardly deed was done by none other than cruiseemployee himself, because gizmo discovered his true identity. Yes, astonishingly enough, cruiseemployee issssssssssss............."

btw: Half my heart is in CT also. I was a dj in Bridgeport, grew up in Stratford.

Where's your other half, Tom;) ? Were you a mobile DJ or a radio DJ? I worked for a mobile DJ company in NJ for 15 years. You're as nutty as most of our guys:D

I wish the folks on that thread would just ignore the troublemakers. But instead they answer them and egg them on. I think CruiseE has put them on his "ignore" list as I suggested. I just can't see the big deal about it. It's not like he's giving medical advice, for heaven's sake:D !!

Am I losing my mind, or is that thread all mixed up? (o.k., o.k. both can be true.)

I could have sworn that when I looked at it last night there were eight pages. When I just checked it now there were three, then four, then five! And the times seem to be off, too. There are two full days of no posts (if the date/time is correct; a big "if"?), and some of them are out of order. And there were repeats (I think). It seemed to change as I read it.

Do you suppose the powers that be are trying to clean out the extraneous (for want of a more accurate word) posts?

Ruth-

I was just over there too... I think it is messed up, some of the post are repeating onto the next page and some seem to be missing altogether.

I feel sorry for the guy - all he did was try to provide helpful information and he gets slammed by a couple of jerks! We met quite a few of the officers on the Noordam and from what they shared with us, the drink prices are similar to what he indicates for the staff. At the end of the day - to bash the guy over the price of a Corona seems awfully petty.

Last time I spent any time over on that board - a few of the posters we so insulting I just couldn't stand it. It's much nicer over here. :)

It was up to post #107, then I refreshed and it was up to post #86. I just went back after an hour or so and it was up to #206, even though there were only three new posts since #107 (and get a load of cyberhankster). I'd say that the seas are rough over there and just hang on until the count settles down.

I can't understand why people think that the Celebrity posters are any different than any other board..... We just returned from our Dec 5 Hawaii cruise on the Infinty and had over 250 people at our cruise critic party... with over 3,500 posts I can't remember any negative posts... Heather you had some negative responses with HAL posters as well...

And before you call too many posters "children", remember, nuts don't fall too far from the tree... :p

Archived