Bar Harbor - where are you docked?

09CruiseGirl

To my understanding, you have to be tendered ashore for this stop as the cruise ships can't dock at a port? When you reach land, where are you let off at in Bar Harbor? Also, do I understand correctly that the Shore Path is near where you get off the boat at?

Thanks!

To my understanding, you have to be tendered ashore for this stop as the cruise ships can't dock at a port?....

That is correct. Bar Harbor is a tender port.

...where are you let off at in Bar Harbor?...

You are let off at the BH Town Dock.

....Also, do I understand correctly that the Shore Path is near where you get off the boat at?...

As you reach the first street off the tender dock, you turn left and walk along the water front. You will head towards this

BarHarborcannon.jpg

and will see the path way along the waters edge.

If you follow this link to the Google Satellite Map of BH, you will see the town dock in the upper left with cars parked on it. The tender will unload the paxs on the left of the town dock. The first street you come to is West St; turn left and look for the cement path (which becomes a dirt path) along the waters edge and follow it. At the end, retrace your steps or exit out to Main St.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=bar+harbor+me&sll=37.579413,-95.712891&sspn=31.779846,56.513672&ie=UTF8&ll=44.390793,-68.202567&spn=0.003519,0.006899&t=h&z=17

SBtS

Archived