Its The Biggest

Shogun

See below. I assume yours was the first

This is the 2nd UK article posted in the past two days that are 90% inaccurate. The other one said that the Crown was launched in 1996, holds 2100 passengers and almost capsized on her maiden voyage (she listed, not "almost capsized".) One has to wonder about the research done by reporters/writers and certainly has me questioning anything I read in a UK publication of any sort.

-- Pam

Megsdad - I guess I should have added a "smiley" after my comment, no need to be sorry :-) No one injured, just an inconvenience - and it's given us a lot to talk about since it happened!

Megsdad - I guess I should have added a "smiley" after my comment, no need to be sorry :-) No one injured, just an inconvenience - and it's given us a lot to talk about since it happened!

No problem

We have cruised with Capt. Nash several times and got to know him quite well personally - he strolls the entire ship every morning just checking to see that things are "shipshape" and pax are happy.

The "Crash" incident was not his fault - he was coming into port to drop off an injured person - the port pilot was in control of the ship (this does not relieve the Capt of responsibility) - A fluke high velocity wind came on and there was nothing anyone could do to prevent the accident.

Sometimes the Captain has to make difficult decisions!

Ron

What beautiful weather they had! Thank you for sharing the report. We had to cancel our British Isles cruise later for next month and I'm sorry to see that we probably missed sailing with Capt. Nash. As stated, he is very personable and very visible about the ship. Our first sailing with him was on the original Crown when he was asst. staff member. The Crown looks to be in great shape!

We liked Capt Nash as well. I don't know about the injured passenger as we were just supposed to be docking in Victoria. We were in the dining room looking out at the blue skies when the ship hit the pier - why it happened has been cussed and discussed many times since then. I certainly have no idea - and we sailed with Capt Nash a few years after that and would again.

See below. I assume yours was the first

This is the 2nd UK article posted in the past two days that are 90% inaccurate. The other one said that the Crown was launched in 1996, holds 2100 passengers and almost capsized on her maiden voyage (she listed, not "almost capsized".) One has to wonder about the research done by reporters/writers and certainly has me questioning anything I read in a UK publication of any sort.

-- Pam

As opposed to the well known 100% accuracy of the United States media machine. I think one should question most things that you read or hear in the media whether it be on this side of the Pond or the other.

I see they reffered to it as a boat as well :rolleyes:

This ship was in my home port of Greenock as well this week. My friend was on a bus and apparently a man on the bus was going on about it being the largest in the world. She said he was speaking in really posh voice trying to look clever but making an idiot of himself talking about the facilities etc trying to show off. He wasnt even from the ship as it was very early in the mornig and they where heading down from Glasgow so he must have either been going to work or going to see the ship. I said good job I wasnt their I would have had to say something as I have been on the ship that along with her sister ships is currently the largest in the world and it certainly wasnt the crown princess :p

Archived