Supper Club Recommendations

I have had the 24 oz Porterhouse, the Fillet, the Ribeye, the Strip and the Surf and Turf... all were wonderful!

The Fillet was literally fork tender and perfectly done... the Porterhouse was a BUNCH of food and delicious. I think the Ribeye was just about the right size for a hungry guy.

The lobster bisque is AMAZING as is the Onion Soup...

Really, I can't think of anything you can go wrong on...

:)

Can you have more than one appetizer in the Supper Club like you can have in the regular dining room? I'm not a pig, but looking at the sample menu, jeebus, there is alot of stuff i'd like to try. TIA!

I had the same question and was told that in the Supper Club you can have as many Starters and Deserts as you want but only ONE entree. I was also told that you should tip extra because of the extra plates.

Can you have more than one appetizer in the Supper Club like you can have in the regular dining room? I'm not a pig, but looking at the sample menu, jeebus, there is alot of stuff i'd like to try. TIA!

I've seen it done and I've been tempted to do it myself as the Bisque and the Onion Soup are just so darn good...

Go ahead and ask! All they can do is say no and you might just get another delicious first course!!!

:D

Mach,

We booked the Sun King for our September Cruise with hopes that porterhouse would be on the menu for me and S&T for dw.

thanks for more..."food for thought"!

It'll be there... it's a staple of the menu...

Lemme find that picture...

This is the Porterhouse... it's about 1 3/4 inches thick...

IMG_1544.jpg

and this is the Strip... a bit thicker and done to perfection!!!

IMG_1545.jpg

All I can say is ....Wow....I hope they don't get offended but I need my A-1 to complete the dish.

It certainly is available but not necessary... Give the Three Peppercorn sauce a chance before you reach for the A1...

;)

NO!!! Dont ruin those beautiful pieces of meat with A-1! Don't get me wrong, A-1 is alright, but these are USDA Prime cuts, they deserve better. Like Host Mach said, get the peppercorn sauce, or i'd lean towards bernaise myself. It's your steak, but give a good piece of meat a chance before masking it with a strong sauce like A-1. Either way, enjoy it!

NO!!! Dont ruin those beautiful pieces of meat with A-1! Don't get me wrong, A-1 is alright, but these are USDA Prime cuts, they deserve better. Like Host Mach said, get the peppercorn sauce, or i'd lean towards bernaise myself. It's your steak, but give a good piece of meat a chance before masking it with a strong sauce like A-1. Either way, enjoy it!

The Porterhouse came with Three Peppercorn sauce liberally spooned over the steak...

The Strip had a Bearnaise accompanying it and was brilliant...

I'm sold the Three Peppercorn Sauce it is.

I can already taste it;)

And we will start it with the Lobster Bisque.

OUTSTANDING!!

The Bisque is a show stopper... you won't want it to end... It's buttery, creamy and SO lobster!!!

IMG_1542.jpg

Just be cautious ordering too many appetizers. There are a lot of courses, and the servings are not small. It would be a shame to be too full from appetizers to enjoy everything else! DH and I both have huge appetites, but we left absolutely stuffed. And full of memories of all those great tastes!

Mach,

Maybe you can answer a question. I always here about folks talking about a chocolate trio in the supper clubs, but have never seen it on the menu.

Can you clue me in? Am I missing something (or misunderstanding?)

I WOULD HAVE TO SAY THAT THE LOBSTER BISQUE I HAD ON THE LEGEND A FEW YEARS BACK WAS ONE OF THE MOST DELICIOUS THINGS I HAVE EVER EATEN. I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHAT I HAD FOR MAIN COURSE, BUT DEFFINATELY REMEMBER THE BISQUE

BOB:p

Mach,

Maybe you can answer a question. I always here about folks talking about a chocolate trio in the supper clubs, but have never seen it on the menu.

It's the one listed on the sample menu as "Chocolate Tarte with Bitter Chocolate Pate." An absolutely unbelievable dessert.

I agree with the other posters - as good as the appetizers are (LOVE the lobster bisque), don't overdo it. There's way too much food as it is, and you'll want to save room for dessert.

Another suggestion: Take your time. It's not like the dining room where the staff has a relatively tight schedule. The staff will work with your pace.

I agree with the others who say there is a lot of food. I didn't eat much during the day and still couldn't finish all of my supper club dinner...even though I gave it my best try :p.

I also agree with the others about the scrumptious lobster bisque, filet mignon, and assorted chocolate dessert. I crave these items now - Thanks, Carnival :D.

Mach,

The desert pictured above, in post 11 of this thread, is the Chocolate Trio... I ordered it so I could get a picture of it but I'm not a sweets fan so I handed it off to my neighbors!

They ate it before they got their meal and absolutely loved it!!

It's the one listed on the sample menu as "Chocolate Tarte with Bitter Chocolate Pate." An absolutely unbelievable dessert.

I agree with the other posters - as good as the appetizers are (LOVE the lobster bisque), don't overdo it. There's way too much food as it is, and you'll want to save room for dessert.

Another suggestion: Take your time. It's not like the dining room where the staff has a relatively tight schedule. The staff will work with your pace.

Exactly right... expect dinner to take two to two and a half hours...

It's not a meal, it's an experience...

I am not big on dessert at all but I got this to take the picture... I gave it to the folks at the table next to me and they said it was great!!!

IMG_2628.jpg

We have had it and it is awesome....looking forward to getting it again in 3 weeks on the Freedom

Archived