US Visa - Help!

jeanlyon

Hmm... Odd that our own government's Foreign office official website for travelling abroad doesn't have what appears to be a special case for the 2005-2006 period.

Getting a new passport is expensive. Just got mine (so now have a chip) but cost £4 for some new Passport approved photos, £72 for the standard renewal of an adult passport for 10 years and I paid the £7 for the PO to check and send, figured it would have cost a couple of quid anyway to send it recorded delivery (as have to send current Passport back!) and that was included.

It took 2 weeks exact, came back via courier last week and they credit up to 6months left on expiring date.

You are so right. Just got my husband's back and it took 8 days - only it's wrong, they have spelt his name incorrectly, so had to send it back and got a very rude person on the phone at the passport office, so I phoned back and spoke to a girl who was much better. Grrrrrrrrrrr

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got an apology from the Passport Office for the mistake in my husband's passport and there was a number to ring. I actually spoke to a very nice person who checked my passport number and confirmed that mine IS a digital photograph, it is scanned onto plastic beneath the laminate. I can now see the difference, so all is well.

Although I have it first hand that up until a week ago the Esta system was still not working and that you were still required to Complete the 'Green Visa Waiver' form.

This is incorrect you apply for your ESTA, but you STILL need to fill in the Visa Waiver form on the plane/ship. A common misconception - if you don't it's to the back of the queue for you!

Archived