Bird Watching Guides in Vietnam?

comcox

We are on an Azamara cruise in December with stops in Ho Chi Minh City, Danang, and Halong Bay. We would like to find birding guides or recommendations of tour companies who booked birding day tours out of these ports. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I wish we were on that cruise. Instead we are on Oceania Nautica in March. My husband is an avid birder and usually the only one with binos on the ship. I do not know much about this area.However, when we were in Australia and New Zealand this past March I had made some contacts from birdingpal.com We were able to find 4 birders in 4 places when we were at various cities. We were on land tour but had several days in each city. Wonderful people we met. Cost was usually some gas money and we bought them lunch. REally good way to meet locals. Once in Sydney we went to an area known for poisonous snakes- we were up to our chin in weeds. He went first. Glad when we were out of there. Then another area the same man went into some water and marsh and said he wish he had not done it. Quite adventuresome. Hope you find someone.

Archived