Anyone stayin an E1 class cabin with a toddler?

We are booked in a smaller outside cabin with a balcony (E1 class - the D1 class is bigger) and I am wondering if anyone has had experience with a crib in one of these rooms. are they big enough to move around in with a crib? Is there room for my toddler to run around in there?

Karen

No one has stayed in an E1 class room? Even without a child/third passenger? I was just looking to see how much space you guys think there is for three passengers in this type of room.

thanks!

Karen

The three of us have shared this size cabin twice. (Mom, 18 year old daughter, 15 year old son, last time we sailed) We had no real problems with the three of us together. Your toddler does not have the same requirements, however. My son slept in the pullman bed, which takes up no floor space, and neither one needed to be entertained by "running around the room." icon_wink.gif My daughter brought everything she owned (it seemed), so the storage space issue may be comparable for you. We had enough space. I would be a little afraid of a toddler on a balcony, but that's a matter of careful parental supervision. If your child is three or older and potty-trained, s/he can play happily at Adventure Ocean. If not, you can supervise his play up by the kiddie pool and other open deck areas.

Hope this helps, since you seem very impatient for responses. icon_smile.gif

Carol

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;8;8;22;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Voyager of the Seas - 5-day to Canada - NO AIRFARE!!!! 8/2004

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;26;18;0;00&timezone=GMT-500

Jewel of the Seas 12/2004

Explorer of the Seas 12/2003

Explorer of the Seas 8/2002

<marquee>till we sail on the Jewel! New Year's Cruise.....12/26/04</marquee>

<marquee>..........................Oh, no! We have become New Year's Cruise Addicts!</marquee>

<center>

<a href="http://www.escati.com/counter98/free_time_codes.htm">

time98.gif</center>

I think I did - it was on the Explorer last Sept, but I know they changed the category names. It was the cheapest balcony cabin though. We had our 13 month dd w/ us - used their pack & play, but took our own sheet. It is small - we didn't fold up the pack & play, but that would give more room to run around. We had it in front of the sofa - put the glass table in the closet. We folded up her stroller & had that under the bed. The path between the pack & play & the vanity area was wide enough for the stoller, but that was it. Hard for 2 adults to pass each other. She had fun running back & forth though & playing on the bed. It was manageable, but we weren't there much besides getting ready & naps. We were on the balcony a lot, so that probably helped.

thanks - it turns out that we got upgraded to a D2 cabin (the same type of room but about 10-20 sq. feet bigger) - I am sure there is still very little room to move in there.

Karen

Archived