Taxi in Seattle question

mochuck

We've been quoted $130 for a private car transfer from Seattle International Airport to Crowne Plaza on 6th Avenue. Does anyone have any idea how much a taxi would cost for that journey?

We land at 3.40pm on Monday 20th July, so I figure by the time we clear customs it will be rush hour. I know we could probably get a shuttle cheaper but we'll be at the end of a 15 hour flight and so we don't think we want to do a shuttle.

There are only 2 of us.

Also what is the difference between the airporter bus and the shuttle express - in price and time.

Is it easy enough to just get a taxi at the airport?

I thought $130 sounded high too. How far is the airport from downtown

It's about a 30 minute drive.

The airporter is $11 per person and leaves every half hour. If they stop at the Crowne Plaza, it would be one of the first stops.

Not sure how much Shuttle Express is for 2--but you can go on their website and get a quote. How long it will take will depend on how many people are in your van and what order you're dropped off in.

A private town car should be more in the $50-60 range.

Google Already There Town Car. Their email is "already there at verizon dot net". (I've spelled it out rather than the usual way so it doesn't get deleted. They will take the two of you there for $50.

You can also prearrange for them to take you back to the pier after the cruise and they will charge you $60 for this.

DH and I also highly recommend Sunny. You will not pay extra if sitting in traffic like you would with a taxi and the shuttle may be cheaper but you pay for it in time spent waiting. We have felt that if we are willing to pay thousands for a cruise we can pay a little more for good limosine service with personalized service and a positive attitude. The general tip would be 15-20% of the fare.

Thanks Kim - I've sent them an email. We don't tip much in Australia - what would be the normal tip for a driver?

If you don't tip they will usually add on a 20% gratuity ($10) so I'd tip somewhere around the $8-10 mark on a $50 cab ride.

Last week we paid $65 for a large SUV to take us from the airport to cruise terminal. At the end of our trip we paid $42 from downtown to airport via cab. We were 4 adults with lots of luggage and required a van. When we called the cab company we specified that we needed a van and one was at the steps of the hotel within 15 minutes.

Archived