Opinions Please. About changing dining time!

NJCruiser23

From what we have been told most people with kids do choose early dinning. We did the early on our first cruise and have done late ever since. There were more kids on the cruise which we did the early dining.

Yeah that's a good point. There were next to no kids in the dining room for late dining on our recent cruise which suited us down to the ground. The major drawback with late dining is most of the on-board activities seem to be arranged with early dining in mind.

We had this same exact dilemma. We have always had early dining, but were assigned late seating on Inspiration in June. We tried to change it at the last minute, but couldn't. So, on the first night of the cruise, we took our 12 year old daughter to the Lido deck for her dinner and then to Circle C at 8:00 for the first activity. We went to our late seating dinner without her on that night only. At 9:30 we went to check on her and she said, "Go away. I'm staying here!!" She loved Circle C. :) On all of the other nights, she ate with us and then went to Circle C as soon as she finished dessert (around 9:20 or so). It really didn't matter that she was a few minutes late because a lot of the time, they didn't even do the listed activity because the kids just wanted to hang out. We enjoyed the late dining time. It does make a shorter time to do things at night. You have to go almost straight to the show to grab a seat, but you have more time in the late afternoon and evening. We ususally had an afternoon snack when we got back on the ship to get us through till 8:15. ;)

Thanks everyone. We did go ahead and change to early dining this week. I would like to enjoy dinner with the kids and not feel they are rushing to get out to see their friends. My son would do that on our last cruise and always missed out on dessert. I know we will have a good time no matter what. I just can't stand that I have to wait so long to go.:mad:

Archived