Barcelona

Hi

Im docking here 10am-10pm in September. Ive spent a few days here before so dont need to do the sights. Wondered about the cable car (which looks like its near the port??) and Las Ramblas stroll - is that feasible? I cant remember (unless someone wows with me another option).

Would prefer not to do ship excursion but dont want to spend a lot of money/time/hassle getting somewhere. Got stung by taxis here before so dont want to use them.

Any suggestions?

As always THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Paula

Hi

Im docking here 10am-10pm in September. Ive spent a few days here before so dont need to do the sights. Wondered about the cable car (which looks like its near the port??) and Las Ramblas stroll - is that feasible? I cant remember (unless someone wows with me another option).

Would prefer not to do ship excursion but dont want to spend a lot of money/time/hassle getting somewhere. Got stung by taxis here before so dont want to use them.

Any suggestions?

As always THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!

Paula

Have a look here:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/02/barcelona-spain-getting-from-mol.html

Regards,

HeinBloed

I have read many of your posts -- so clear and well explained.

But until I explored your link (below) I did not realize the wonderful blog you have on your travels. Thank you.

What is your hometown in Germany?

/Sultan

But until I explored your link (below) I did not realize the wonderful blog you have on your travels. Thank you.

/Sultan

Whats that got to do with my question on Barcelona? :confused:

Whats that got to do with my question on Barcelona? :confused:

When someone quotes another response in their own, it means they are replying to that person, not to the original poster. In this case, sultan_sfo was responding to Heinbloed's response.

/Sultan

Thanks.

I am commuting between

Frankfurt/Heidelberg area

and

Berlin/Hanover area

Regards,

HeinBloed

HeinBloed -- Thanks.

Been to all your 4 cities -- short visits in 1960!

Hanover -- the city with the True Hoch Deutch!

To: OP -- my apologies .

I have changed the topic.

May be you need to start another thread on Barcelona.

We will be there Sep 25.

/Sultan

Thanks.

I am commuting between

Frankfurt/Heidelberg area

and

Berlin/Hanover area

Regards,

HeinBloed

Justanordinary girl

I've not used the cable car so cant comment on that other than to say I noticed the base station is near the cruise terminal. Las Ramblas is definitley doable in the time you have. It's a great place to stroll either up or down. If you also like shopping their are a couple of great shops at the top and in the Playa Catalunya (Cortes Ingles (sp/)). You can alos explore all the wee side streets of the Barrio Gotica (Gothic Area) which is just off the bottom section.

There are lots of great restaurants and cafes in the old port area or there is also the man made beach.

The metro is cheap and easy to get around in rather than expensive taxis.

I know you say you have done a lot of the sights before, however if you haven't been to Parc Guell then I'd really recommend there.

You might also get the T tourist bus or the HOHO bus and see the sights. I could spend hours in the Sagrada Familia cathedral (a Gaudi special) and the Spanish Village (Pueblo Espanyol) is attractive and shows you the best of Spain without having to move from the spot!

Archived