Pacific Princess Owner's Suite

cribdink

Hi,

I have this suite booked for an upcoming cruise. This may be an odd question but it appeared from the schematic of the cabin that it doesn't have a shower. Is this accurate? If so, we'd have to change cabins. Appreciate anybody's assistance.:)

I knew I had seen a picture somewhere of the OS suite bathroom. Not my picture, but this one I found on webshots. The bath has a jacuzzi style tub/shower combination.

Just click on the pictures for a larger version.

2715713380013763822bUxnrf_th.jpg

My mother and I have this set-up at home so it won't be any different; was just hoping for a standalone shower. The rest of the room looks great as you mentioned. Was it very far from the lifts? My mother uses a walker and I'm a little broken down myself. Our only other option would be to change to a mini-suite--which I'd rather not do. Decisions, decisions:p

The Owner's Suites on the Pacific are all AFT suites, there are none all that close to the lifts onboard. Just remember, you will not receive the suite benefits that an owner's suite will give you if you switch to a mini suite. In fact, the mini suites have almost no perks at all attached to them. No in suite dining, no free laundry, none of the goodies you would receive with the OS.

Plus, mini suites also have a tub/shower combination, although much smaller than in the Owner's Suites.

My mother and I have this set-up at home so it won't be any different; was just hoping for a standalone shower. The rest of the room looks great as you mentioned. Was it very far from the lifts? My mother uses a walker and I'm a little broken down myself. Our only other option would be to change to a mini-suite--which I'd rather not do. Decisions, decisions:p

We were just in an OS on the Pacific and it is a wonderful room with great suite perks--breakfast at Sabatinis included! From your post above, the only thing I think you should be concerned about is getting into and out of the tub/shower. Depending upon just how "mobility challenged" you two are, it could make that a little difficult as it is a rather high threshold to climb over. If so, you could probably sit on the edge and then swing around to get in.

And as another said, nothing is too far away on the Pacific, so I don't think the distance to the lifts would be a problem at all!

Enjoy!

I have also booked this room end of July and have concerns about in & out of the tub. I've read on these threads that we can shower at the spa. Large showering area, easy to use. I figure if the tub is too difficult to manage, I'll try there.

Good luck.

If your cruise is after Aug 7, I could post to let you know the details.

DNArocks,

You are absolutely right about the spa. We usually purchase the T pool for the cruise and we use the spa showers quite a bit. There are 2 showers in the spa (2 in each men's and women's locker rooms). They are both large and have several shower heads or jets. You can use the locker room and steam room without purchasing the T pool. There's a hair dryer in there also.

Thank you all for the advice. Our cruise isn't until May so my mother and I will hash it out. Certainly the size of the room and balcony are very important as we enjoy a lot of space especially for a cruise over 7 days. In addition, the suite perks which the CC folks have talked about are really great (esp, internet, laundry). Yes, DNArocks, I'd love to see pix and hear your review. Hope you have a nice cruise!

You can try using the walker to stabilizer her while entering the tub.

If you can afford it, do not give up this wonderful Suite. Using the Spa showers is a good alternative. You can do a steam an sauna before your shower. Deck 9, Forward.

:cool::cool::D:cool::cool:

We were in an OS on the Tahitian last summer, and are going to be in the same one on the Pacific this August. I had some problems getting in and out of the tub / shower at first, but finally figured I could put a towel on the edge of the tub, sit on it and swing my legs in or out. Works great, and I will use the same method in 46 days.

I might mention that it is harder to get out than in, as the floor of the bathroom is slightly lower than the bottom of the tub. I would recommend looking out for each other when entering and leaving the tub. Just in case. My husband would check in on me about the time he thought I'd be through, so I often had an extra shoulder or arm to lean on.

But the room is heavenly, as is the balcony. You will love it!

Oops! Forgot to mention the distance. These suites are in a wonderful location. It's not too far to the lifts, and you exit that lift right outside the dining room or buffet.

As others have said, it's really not too far to anything on this size ship. I don't walk too well, and my husvand uses a cane, so you can see that we do understand the distances.

Considering the difference in room size for a longer cruise, I would go with the OS.

Thanks Goodie and others for your perspective on this. My mother and I aren't "spring chickens" but as we get up in years it's nice to look forward to something enjoyable. We were concerned that we couldn't enjoy ourselves due to disabilities (cruise is to the Holy Land) but this is a once in a life-time experience to see Egypt and Israel so we're going to do it. If we have to gimp through the desert so be it :D

Thanks Goodie and others for your perspective on this. My mother and I aren't "spring chickens" but as we get up in years it's nice to look forward to something enjoyable. We were concerned that we couldn't enjoy ourselves due to disabilities (cruise is to the Holy Land) but this is a once in a life-time experience to see Egypt and Israel so we're going to do it. If we have to gimp through the desert so be it :D

Enjoy your cruise - I'd love to do a Holy Land cruise. I was in 6088 on the Royal. It was heavenly. Even for someone closer to a spring chicken, the tub was difficult. Try sitting on the edge and swinging over - I never did, would just step in and out, but it's worth a try.

Click here for pictures of our OS suite.

Hi Eeyore, great pictures and thank you for the advice. The balcony is huge, you must have really enjoyed that on sunny days. How sturdy are those chairs on the balcony? My mother has bad knees and has to drop into chairs.

Hi Eeyore, great pictures and thank you for the advice. The balcony is huge, you must have really enjoyed that on sunny days. How sturdy are those chairs on the balcony? My mother has bad knees and has to drop into chairs.

Neither my husband or myself is a small person, and we felt just fine on the chairs - I don't think they'd collapse, even with your mom dropping into them. However, they are pretty low.

-Cathy

I have only recently "progressed" to a scooter and have used a rolling walker for years. We only once had a room with a tub, on the "OLD" royal princess. This is what worked for me. Ask the room steward for a shower chair. I sit on the chair and put my feet into the tub. Then I stand and put the chair behind me. When I am done with the shower I reverse the process. This really made taking a shower so much safer.

Archived