cost of drinks on quest

zedaby

Last year you could get draught heinken,i belive its the same this year,as for price i cant help sorry but it aint wetherspoons prices:):) i will find out in nov ps last year with 2 to 1 exchange it was quite cheap

I suppose you would have to expect that. If you have drinks or food at any hotel, it is always more expensive that a regular restaurant or club.

Yes, but on a cruise ship it would be difficult to pop out for a pint elsewhere across the sea lanes once underway.

ive heard that drinks are expensive on quest , ie beer and spirits. anyone give a brit beer drinker a guide :p

Draught Heiniken costs $6 for 330 ml (Coke can size) plus 18% "service". This works out at around £8 per pint. Blended whisky was $6 (+18%) and decent stuff was $9. Can of Coke was $2 (+18%).

Not a lot of drinking was observed in the bars. Wonder why?

PS A decent pint of Bod on P&O costs £1.80 (+0%), Stella about £2.50. Bars are busy.

If Azamara won't permit wine purchased ashore to be returned until debarkation, one might hope for a "package" at least, such as is offered by Celebrity or R.C. Can anyone report on success or failure of bringing purchased tipples aboard after shore excursions?

sorry to intrude, but have a quick question. I am planning a cruise on Journey in 2010. Noticed that "some beverages" are included. What does this mean exactly? From reading this thread I am assuming that it is probably only cokes or juices? Like it is on Celebrity. I expected there to be more gratuit for the cost...any comment appreciated.

Lora:)

Draught Heineken is available at the aft bar in Windows Cafe on Quest and at the pool bar on Journey. My recollection is that it was about $6.00 plus the 18% gratuity that they charge for everything onboard. They have Guinness, but in cans, not on tap.

If you click on the link in my signature, you can find the wine list from Journey in 2008. I don't think it had changed by May. Aqualina and Prime C have a different selection, but if there's a wine onboard that you like, you can get it anywhere.

Coke is not included in "some beverages," and juice is only available for free at breakfast, as I recall (don't missed the fresh squeezed OJ in the buffet). "Some" includes iced tea, lemonade, fruit punch (all at dispensers in the buffet) and tap water. If you are staying in a Sky Suite or higher, then the sodas and bottled water in your suite are complimentary (as are the refills); if in a regular cabin you get one bottle of Evian.

Guest Ivenia

Saw on a recent review that the price of a glass of red wine in the bar is $12 plus 18% (= just over $14 a glass). The thought of spending $28+ for two glasses of wine (times however many glasses we drink in the course of each evening) is enough to put me off any cruise.

Got a great offer on the 38 day Athens/Singapore this fall, but if the above info is true, think we will stay on the Volendam, Hong Kong/Sydney.

Would appreciate any accurate info on the current price of a glass of wine.

Saw on a recent review that the price of a glass of red wine in the bar is $12 plus 18% (= just over $14 a glass). The thought of spending $28+ for two glasses of wine (times however many glasses we drink in the course of each evening) is enough to put me off any cruise.

Got a great offer on the 38 day Athens/Singapore this fall, but if the above info is true, think we will stay on the Volendam, Hong Kong/Sydney.

You can get a 20 glass wine card on HAL for about $79, and that includes tip, and can be used anywhere.

I guess it would depend on the wine

I rememeber a glass for $9.44 with 18%

Indeed it does depend on the wine.:) The most expensive red wine by the glass (Wente Merlot) is $12/glass. The least expensive red is Celebrate Life Merlot at $7.50. In the whites, the prices range from $6-10. Add 18% for the gratuity. You can also order a bottle and they will re-cork and save anything you don't consume. Although it won't necessarily save you money over buying by the glass (the by-the-glass pours can be VERY generous), you may see something on the full bottle list that you prefer.

The link to the full list is in my signature - the pictures were taken in December, and, near as I could tell, were current in May.

We usually like to bring wine on but at $25 for corkage we didn't bother on the Quest last year. The wine list (by bottle) was more expensive than other lines however we found a nice bottle of malbec at $30 that we had just about every night. I think it was probably one of the cheapest bottles on the list. It was pretty decent, though, and the other couples at the table got to ordering it every night, too.

Does anyone know if it is possible to bring wine onboard?

Yes. Azamara allows you to bring 2 bottles of wine per cabin onboard. On both of our cruises, we brought 2 bottles apiece in our carry on and nobody cared. Sometimes you can bring wine on from the ports and sometimes they will take it from you until the end of the cruise - there's no telling which will happen.

If you bring your own wine to the dining venues, there is nominally a corkage fee of $25, but we were not charged.:)

Maybe with that in mind it is more cost effective to get a nice botte of wine.

Guest Ivenia

Thanks everybody for the response - most informative.

We are booked on the Volendam, Hong Kong/Sydney, but did some waffling back and forth as the result of an offer on the Quest, Rome/Singapore. The final decision is to stay with the Volendam. Love the Ocean Bar in the evening (usually a wonderful trio and dancing), and know we would really miss that on the Quest.

Thanks again, and happy sailing to you all.

Mary

• 1 month later...

Just go online and pre order a "bon voyage" gift to yourself.

$60 got us a 1.15 liter bottle of bacardi rum and 6 cans of wash.

This is for "in cabin consumption" but we occasionally took our own drinks

on deck, etc. This is probably the most reasonable way to have one or two plus you are supporting the cruise line who needs added revenue in these tough economic times....

Once you are booked you have access to shore ex and others so this can all be done on A's website or thru your TA

Archived