anything new about Norovirus on Millie

cookiemantoo

We just got off Millie Friday after a spectacular week. There are still many precautions being taken. The only ones we found annoying were the lack of salt and pepper shakers on the tables -I don't want a waiter pouring salt on my food for me and our waiter's assistant wasn't very good about getting us packets- and the drinks in the Ocean Buffet.

Otherwise, the crew was very nice about the precautions and it really does benefit everyone if we don't get sick. We took the added precaution of taking an airborne vitamin every morning and no one in my group got sick.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone just returned from the Millenium more recently, and if so could you update on the situation now?

Are the precautionary measures still in effect? How does the crew seem to be holding up given all the extra cleaning etc. that they have been doing?

• 3 weeks later...

We just got off of Millie in Seward this past Friday (8/28), and there were NO noro or swine flu precautions in place. There were salt and pepper shakers on tables, full self-serve in buffet (with plates of silverware nearby, covered partially with a napkin except for the handles (as if that would protect anyone) and for beverages, no bleach smell on railings or anything else. Although there were dispensers of Purell at entrances to all the food venues and clubs, no one seemed to be enforcing usage (although sometimes a crew member was stationed there with a giant bottle of Purell because the self-serve dispensers were probably empty). I actually wouldn't have minded a few more precautions, since not everyone used the sanitizers or seemed to wash their hands in the restrooms. So I guess the Millennium had stopped having outbreaks of noro on the previous cruise or two--or so few cases that precautions didn't seem needed. As long as we don't get sick in the next 24 hours or so (and I don't think we will), we will have escaped the dreaded norovirus, which I'd worried about getting. Things can change though for each cruise depending on what happened on the just-previous one. I'll post a full review soon, but let me just note that Alaska, of course, is spectacular, and I liked the Millie overall. I'm already having what others have called "cruise withdrawal." Have fun on your cruises, all. marilano

Archived