Where to do dolphin swim and/or zip line?

calliesocks

My group (4 sisters) is trying to decide which is the best port to do zip lining and swimming with the dolphins. I have read alot about the Outdoor Adventure Canopy tour but my sisters aren't real big on the rapelling part of that tour. Is the other tour in PV good? Has anyone done the Huana Coa Canopy Adventure in Mazatlan?

Re: Dolphin Swim - i have also read not so good review on Sea Life Park in PV. Is the Dolphin Adventure Center swim better?

Could use anyone's opinion and/or advise. Thanks

Calliesocks,

Are you going to both Cabo and Puerto Vallarta? If you go to Cabo, I would do the dolphin swim there and a canopy/Zipline adventure in Vallarta. It's much more tropical and conducive to canopy/zip lines....higher trees, lush, not desert..... I was just out at the VA Canopy tour on Saturday, you can opt out on the rappelling part if you do not want to do it but I can assure you it is very safe and fun, my girlfriend was petrified but the guide helped her and then she loved it.

The best zipline is definitely Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta. I booked online since I have a 10-year old and the ships generally have a higher age minimum than the actual tour operators do. We had an 11:45 time slot which meant we were picked up at Collage Disco ($6 taxi ride for 4 from the pier) at 11:15. The tour was GREAT!!!! 14 zips, lots of fun, great guides. I could go on and on - my entire family loved this excursion the best of everything we did on our cruise (which was last week).

The best zipline is definitely Los Veranos in Puerto Vallarta. I booked online since I have a 10-year old and the ships generally have a higher age minimum than the actual tour operators do. We had an 11:45 time slot which meant we were picked up at Collage Disco ($6 taxi ride for 4 from the pier) at 11:15. The tour was GREAT!!!! 14 zips, lots of fun, great guides. I could go on and on - my entire family loved this excursion the best of everything we did on our cruise (which was last week).

Looks like you were on the Mariner when you did this tour? We are signed up for the 10:45 when we sail in August, but put in to be picked up at their office, should we have said the disco instead? Have never been to PV so wasn't sure. Asked them and this is what they suggested. Also, did you have lots of time before your tour? Should we be fine with the 10:45? Again, asked them and this was their suggestion as the earliest we could do and do want to get there early. Thanks.

Looks like you were on the Mariner when you did this tour? We are signed up for the 10:45 when we sail in August, but put in to be picked up at their office, should we have said the disco instead? Have never been to PV so wasn't sure. Asked them and this is what they suggested. Also, did you have lots of time before your tour? Should we be fine with the 10:45? Again, asked them and this was their suggestion as the earliest we could do and do want to get there early. Thanks.

Yes, we were on the Mariner last week. I think their office is probably 20 mins. or maybe slightly less from the ship by taxi. However, I think the pickup time at the office is 10:45. We got to Collage Disco at about 10:45 but we took our time getting off the ship and could have gotten there much earlier. I think if you get off the ship in a timely manner you should be able to get to the office by 10:45. One benefit we had in getting picked up at Collage Disco was that they returned us directly to the ship (we had a lot of people from our ship on the bus) - I would assume you could do this wherever your pickup occurred from but you might ask.

The actual zipline location is about a 45 minute bus ride from the office.

Hope that helps!

I just want to verify what time you think would be better the 10:45 tour or 11:45 tour, when you did the 11:45 tour did you have plenty of time once you got back to the ship before sailing. I am just like to relax a bit in the morning instead of trying to rush off the ship.

Thanks for any advice, we are so looking forward to the Canopy Tour even though very HOT in august

Shelly

I just want to verify what time you think would be better the 10:45 tour or 11:45 tour, when you did the 11:45 tour did you have plenty of time once you got back to the ship before sailing. I am just like to relax a bit in the morning instead of trying to rush off the ship.

Thanks for any advice, we are so looking forward to the Canopy Tour even though very HOT in august

Shelly

We liked the 11:45 tour because we were not rushed in the morning - remember that PV is an hour ahead of ship's time. The first night you are on the ship, they move the clocks ahead one hour and you stay there until a day before you return to LA. That makes the ship on the same time as Cabo and Mazatlan but PV is another hour ahead. So when it says the ship docs at 8:00 it is actually 9:00 in PV. We got off the ship around 10:20 or 10:30 PV time and made it to Collage Disco around 10:45 - we were picked up there at 11:15.

As for how much time we had after, I think we were back at the pier around 5 or 5:15 PV time and we needed to be on board by 7:15 or so (which was 6:15 ship time). We probably would have had time for a bit of exploring but we just spent about 30-40 mins. shopping in the little area (many shops) right next to the pier. We were not rushed at the zipline and took our time looking around and eating lunch after the zipline part was over. We probably could have caught an earlier bus back to town if we had wanted to be quicker.

One thing my husband reminded me - there was a family at the bus stop when we got there - they said they had reserved a 9:45 excursion (not sure how you would possibly make that off the ship). Anyway, they had missed 2 busses - they ended up just being added to our group. So, I don't think it is a huge problem if you have a 10:45 reservation and then miss it for some reason.

Kathie

Thanks for the advise guys. It looks like Cabo would be the place do swim with the dolphins - the only thing we worry about is if the weather or something goes bad and the excursion is cancelled since Cabo is our last port. There are 3 of us that have always wanted to do the dolphin swim.

Also, I haven't heard anything back on if anyone has done the Huana Coa Canopy Adventure in Matzatlan. We are there the longest but for my group there doesn't look like alot of excursions that excite us.

Kathiegold

Thank you so much for the information 11:45 it is going to be. Next stop Los Veranos website to book it. We are so excited :p about this zip line, we did one in Hawaii and had a blast, but it was only 7 lines!

Shelly

Kathiegold

Thank you so much for the information 11:45 it is going to be. Next stop Los Veranos website to book it. We are so excited :p about this zip line, we did one in Hawaii and had a blast, but it was only 7 lines!

Shelly

Which one did you do in Hawaii? We did one last summer near Kapalua on Maui that was really awesome - only 7 or 8 lines but a few of them were REALLY long and fast. Los Veranos has a few pretty long ones but they don't come close to as long as the longest we did on Maui - although Los Veranos has so many more (14) and the views are great.

Archived