Fort Lauderdale ?'s

TakeMeAway1001

I did have this all figured out but DH just had some ideas that will change the way we're doing things in Oct.

I booked a late day flight arriving around dinner time the evening before the cruise and was planning on using the Hyatt Place shuttle to get us from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the hotel and just hanging out, nothing planned. However DH suggested today that we take the early AM flight and spend the day so now I am in search of the best way to do this. This is what I thought might work but am really looking for ideas since we have never been to or cruised out of this area.

I can get a good deal on a car from Hertz but I am not sure on the best way to return it, it looks like my options are the airport or a location on Sunrise Blvd. I haven't called that location yet to see if they offer a shuttle to Port Everglades but was wondering if just returning to the airport and grabbing a shuttle from there would be my best bet..if this is the best option does anyone have a shuttle suggestion? I am so used to cruising out of Port Canaveral so I am a little stumped and open to any suggestions anyone might have :)

Hi!

When is your sail date & what ship are you on? We're on the Emerald Princess 10/25. Did you check out Enterprise? I was told that they have a shuttle to the port. You can email Hertz & ask if they have a shuttle & where your dropoff location would be. Good luck & have a great cruise!

Please say a special thank you to your DH for me for his great & honorable service to our country!

Hi!

When is your sail date & what ship are you on? We're on the Emerald Princess 10/25. Did you check out Enterprise? I was told that they have a shuttle to the port. You can email Hertz & ask if they have a shuttle & where your dropoff location would be. Good luck & have a great cruise!

Please say a special thank you to your DH for me for his great & honorable service to our country!

10/19 Carnival Miracle~ I haven't checked Enterprise yet but will look into them as well as the others. Is their shuttle from the airport to the port or do they have an offsite location to return to? I will make some calls tomorrow on my lunch break :)

Thanks for the "thanks" to DH, have a great night~

We're sailing on the Freedom in December and reserved a car with Thrifty.

We're Flying into FLL airport the day before and plan to pick up the car there. Thrifty told me we can return it to their off airport location in Fort Lauderdale (2400 Miami Rd, Ft. Lauderdale) where they have a shuttle to the Port Everglades which is included.

There are some "hot deals" out there on their website now for those locations for December - Maybe October too.

We also plan to rent a car from Thrifty for the day we return from our cruise because we have a late flight home and can have a car to spend the day driving around Fort Lauderdale going to the Beach or Las Olas. We're doing the reverse. The off airport location shuttle will pick us up at the port, then we can rent the car for the day and return it to the FLL airport before our flight home. Prices were cheaper doing it this way.

FLL Airport has a car rental complex in Terminal 1. If you fly into another terminal, you can take a free shuttle to Terminal one. Hertz is there. There is a free shuttle that goes to/from the cruiseport. I would suggest calling the actual Hertz office directly to see if they still offer the cruiseport shuttle. I believe this is the correct number: (954) 359-4072. If so, yes, that is the most convenient way to go.

Takemeaway, I'm flying in the Morning b/4 in mid Oct. Rented a car from Dollar with p/u at airport and return to Port Everglades location for 40.00 including taxes and fees. Used Code (OOAG). They will shuttle you to the Port. Much better that returning to airport and shuttle back to Port. IMHO Check it out. May be better than Hertz. I had originally booked with another rental agency until I found the Dollar special.

Takemeaway, I'm flying in the Morning b/4 in mid Oct. Rented a car from Dollar with p/u at airport and return to Port Everglades location for 40.00 including taxes and fees. Used Code (OOAG). They will shuttle you to the Port. Much better that returning to airport and shuttle back to Port. IMHO Check it out. May be better than Hertz. I had originally booked with another rental agency until I found the Dollar special.

Thanks for the tips, I didn't even notice Dollar when I was searching for places ;)

TakeMeAway1001 Your welcome and if everything goes well I'll be visiting Boston in about 4 weeks. Depends on how it works out with the new compamy that bought my present employer out. I'll know tommorrow. Hoping they will honor the vacations we already have planned. Post back to let me know if the Dollar deal works out.

TakeMeAway1001 Your welcome and if everything goes well I'll be visiting Boston in about 4 weeks. Depends on how it works out with the new compamy that bought my present employer out. I'll know tommorrow. Hoping they will honor the vacations we already have planned. Post back to let me know if the Dollar deal works out.

Great, hopefully the rain we have had steadily for the month of June will leave you with beautiful sunny weather when you visit :) I am going to check out Dollar tomorrow at work and will let you know how it pans out. Good luck with the new company~

Archived