Port Liberty Transfers

BillC

We are part of a large group that will be on the Constellation's 9/5/09 Transatlantic that ends in Port Liberty. Celebrity offers transfers @ $27.50 each to EWR only for those having flights after 1 PM. A number of our group want to rent a car at Newark Airport earlier in the morning. I have researched lots of sites but can't seem to find any Super Shuttle, or reserved taxi type of service from the port to EWR. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

There should be enough taxis there to take the group to the airport.

Try this site for some more information.

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/airports/html/newarkliberty.html

Try the ground transportation link.

Super Shuttl is at the airport but what service they provide is unknown.

This is a link to car rentals at the airport.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=car+rentals+newark+airport+nj&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&view=text&ei=lTZSSuUpidmUB-botcMF&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&cd=1&resnum=1

What time out is your flight(s).

You will be near the statue of liberty and Ellis island.

If that is your objective - and there is not a lot of other places close in with the departure and time element.

You can have someone take your luggage to the airport and get light rail to liberty state park and catch the ferry to ellis island. But you may have to walk to and from light rail at both stops. And it is not a short walk in either place.

What is the car rental objective and I can help you a little.

When you exit the ship you'll see lines for shared ride vans going to all the airports. Prices are pretty reasonable. We took these to EWR the first time we were there, can't remember the exact price but it was less than the cost of the cab ride to the port from the airport. We saw the same arrangement the last time we got off but already had Celebrity transfers (used cruise air that trip) so we just took their bus.

but flying American out of JFK. Any suggestions regarding ground transportation to that airport? Thanks! LuAnn

Click the transport link and call one of the services to Queens or Brooklyn. Ask them.

JFK is not off their path.

Also check on your roll call to see if anyone else is going that way.

We are part of a large group that will be on the Constellation's 9/5/09 Transatlantic that ends in Port Liberty. Celebrity offers transfers @ $27.50 each to EWR only for those having flights after 1 PM. A number of our group want to rent a car at Newark Airport earlier in the morning. I have researched lots of sites but can't seem to find any Super Shuttle, or reserved taxi type of service from the port to EWR. Can anyone help me out here? Thanks.

You may wish to call the local offices of national chains (Budget and Enterprise seem to be nearby) and see if they will both pick you up and allow you to drop the car at their airport locations. However, for those going to JFK, most car rental agencies seem to allow you to pick up at one of the NYC airports and drop it off at another for little or no extra charge (although that can change).

Unless you have a really late flight, it might not be worth the hassle of renting something big enough to hold you and your luggage, and then rushing to do something in the few hours you have there. If your desire is to visit the Statue of Liberty (or something like that) since you are arriving on Labor Day weekend, it is likely to be as crowded as ever, with advance reservations an absolute must. You'll probably have to add at least an hour before and after your planned visit just to get to/from the boat and your car.

but flying American out of JFK. Any suggestions regarding ground transportation to that airport? Thanks! LuAnn

We were on the Constellation 2008 westbound TA, which also ended in Port Liberty. Our flight departed from JFK. When we left the ship, we looked for the lines for shared vans. One of them was going to JFK. The price was very reasonable and we had no complaints. Just make sure you are in the right line; the signs indicating the destination for each line were not good. Prior to the cruise, I looked for taxi and limo options. I'm glad I did not book anything in advance. The shared van service was good and priced right.

Archived