Got my new binoculars today - zen ray's summit & vista - don't seem right? Help!!!!

poolwife

I am looking through both of my new Summit's (8 x 42) and Vista's (10 x 42) and keep seeing black like it is picking up the edges of the binoculars.

Now, my husband is not very happy that I bought them. Says we should have looked at our local store, but I was going based on all the great reviews they have here on Cruise critic. Please help!!!!

I already e-mailed the zen-ray web site and let them know about the problem. They already called me back and are sending me a return shipping label to return them. I am very impressed with the customer service.

I am so disappointed since I was so looking forward to receiving them.

I already e-mailed the zen-ray web site and let them know about the problem. They already called me back and are sending me a return shipping label to return them. I am very impressed with the customer service.

I am so disappointed since I was so looking forward to receiving them.

Oh no .. I just ordered these today..

Zen-Ray VISTA 8x42 Waterproof/Fogproof

Is there a problem with them all??

I haven't had any issue with my zenray binoculars. But it does not sound like an issue with binoculars. What you see is the field stop. It appears when your eyes are too close or too far from the ocular glasses. Another possibility is the binoculars' IPD does not fit yours. My youngest son has narrower IPD than most people. He will have to use a smaller binoculars so the glasses can align with his eyes. Try to adjust those and good luck.

I have tried moving them real close together and extending the eyepieces then adjusting the sharpness and they are much better. But, I will see what my husband thinks when he gets home from the dentist.

To let you know, the customer service was really good.

Ok, at first I had this same problem but then realized that I simply needed to twist out the eye pieces so that my eyes weren't so close to the lens. After I did that they worked perfectly. We used 8x42 and 10x42 Vistas and loved them. Try twisting the eye piece and see if that doesn't help. You'll want to twist/untwist each time you repack them in the case so that the case closes properly.

Archived