Bayside Marketplace Restaurants - Miami

We'll be there on next week. Any suggestions for dining? The website lists and italian place, a steak place, Bubba Gump. Just wondering what the favs are out there. Thanks

Every day is a journey,so make the most of it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  5/17/04 Majesty

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til 12/12/04 Mariner

11/03 Disney Wonder

We loved 9256 on the Brilliance in March. Left the door open abit at night just to hear the sound of the sea. No problems with noise at all, and having a gentle breeze on the balcony instead of the wind was really nice. I've got pictures but have to find the right disk.

Stretch

Barcrawlers on ice, where will we turn up next?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

Several of the members of our CC group are meeting at Bubba's the evening before our cruise. While I've never been there myself, I've heard nothing but great things about it.

Until we're on the Explorer of the Seas !

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;10;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Be daring and try something new! Excellent beef at "Los Ranchos" (nicaraguan restaurant): try "Churrasco" (great tender huge flank steak with "chimichurri" sauce, to die for!) served with wonderful fried plantains and "gallo de pinto" rice (white rice with red beans). OR try "LatinAmerican Cafeteria" they have the best Cuban Sandwiches (the large one can feed two maybe three!). Ask for Materva or Ironbeer (great cuban soft drinks). OR have a nice frozen Pina Colada or Cuban Mojito! These restaurants and these drinks are a great way to get in a Caribbean state of mind . . .

11/04 HAL/Zuiderdam

02/04 HAL/Rotterdam

09/03 RCI/Majesty of the Seas

04/03 RCI/Navigator of the Seas

06/02 Princess/Grand Princess

05/98 Celebrity/Mercury

07/97 Celebrity/Century

06/96 Celebrity/Century

05/95 Celebrity/Zenith

06/82 Premier/Dolphin

Lombardi's is also very good. They have inside or outside dining.

Gordon

http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingator

NCL Starward-86, Starship Atlantic-91, Caribe-92, Seabreeze-93, Fantasy-93, Norway-94, Celebration-94, Sensation-95, Imagination-96, Destiny-97, Celebration-98, Triumph-99, Victory-00, Majesty of the Seas-01, Fascination-01, Carnival Pride-02, Majesty of the Seas-02, Carnival Legend-02, Fantasy 7-03, Glory 9-03, Fantasy 11-03, Triumph 3/04.

9/02/2004 Fantasy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=808000&cdt=2004;9;2;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 12/04/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;12;04;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

If you don't mind a short walk, go over to the American Airlines Arena and try Bongo's. It's a terrific cuban restaurant. Otherwise, if you want to stick with the Marketplace, I have to concur with the others here about Bubba Gump's. Bongo's was closed for a special event the night we were there (and we were VERY disappointed), so we decided to try BG's. The food was delicious. I had the cajun shrimp on rice and it was out of this world. I know, it's a chain, but who cares if the food is that good?!

Karen

6/5/05 Brilliance Mediterranean roll call

Infinity in... countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;12;5;21;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Brilliance 6/05

Infinity 12/04

Brilliance 2/04

Adventure 11/03

Brilliance 2/03

Grand Princess 3/02

Dawn Princess 11/01

Ocean Princess 5/00

Thanks everyone. We love shrimp and italian, so those suggestions sounds great. I think a pina colada and a mojito will definetly be in order.

Every day is a journey,so make the most of it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  5/17/04 Majesty

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;12;12;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

til 12/12/04 Mariner

11/03 Disney Wonder

I second the vote for Lombardi's. Last year our group of 18 from cc had dinner together the night before the cruise. The food was excellent.

Carrie icon_biggrin.gif

Our Brilliance barcrawlers groups, both this year and last, met at Lombardi's the night before our sailing. We had a wonderful time, great food and atmosphere and the staff could not be more accommodating. There were 22 of us last year and over thirty this past March.

Bill

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=111111&cdt=2004;10;28;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500 Jewel Repositioning

Hi,

Another vote for Lombardi's. I was one of the Cruise Critics who met there with cme, ("Hi Carrie",) the night before our Brilliance cruise last November. All 18 of us liked our food and the place.

They also arranged for our group to eat together, set up the tables, and separate checks were given to all of us. They were very nice, with great service. You can eat inside or outside.

I will be eating there again anytime I sail from Miami.

12/06/04

THE EMPRESS OF THE SEAS. **10 ISLANDS IN 11 NIGHTS**

VISIT OUR ROLL CALL HERE

Hi Carrie (cme), hi Alexis!!! Can you guess where my vote is?

Lombardies

Vicki

Check out my guide for first time cruisers http://www.vsn.org/cruise

Radiance 6/2002

Radiance 10/2002

Brilliance 11/2003

[/b]

LEGEND OF THE SEAS - September 26, 2004

Visit our Roll Call HERE

Cruise Europe 2005 (CC Group Cruise)- June 5, 2005 on the Brilliance

Visit our Roll Call HERE

If you want the real stuff, have the CUBAN FOOD. Buba Gumps exists all over the country, have what is UNIQUE to the area.

Carnival Holiday 8/95

Carnival Ecstasy 8/01

RCCL Voyager 8/02

RCCL Explorer 8/03

Till I board the Navigator of the Seas!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;8;21;11;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I've eaten at Lombardi's, Bubba Gumps, and Bongo's.

Bongo's is "Americanized" Cuban. Although it is very good, it is not the same as going to a Cuban neighborhood and eating in a "local" place. But if you've never had Cuban, it's a great start!

Lombardi's was good but forgetable, there was nothing special about it.

Bubba Gump's was very good, we were pleasantly suprised as we did not expect the food to be as good as it was. If you like a Cajun flair to your seafood, this would be a good choice.

I guess go for what you're in the mood for, although if it were me, I'd probably not bother with Lombardi's, you can get good Italian pretty much anywhere, and it's not "fabulous" Italian.

Anne

We went to Bubba Gumps with a cruise critic group last year and service was great. While they couldn't put us all at a large table, they gave us an area just for us (we made advanced reserations). They also had no problem with a table for the teens. If you go there, go to the Bayside website and printout the coupon to trade in for a book of coupons to use at Bayside establishments. In it was one for a free appetizer for Bubba Gumps. Several of us had them, and they kept refilling our appetizer.

Another "Barcrawler" vote for Lombardi's. They've always gone out of their way to accomodate our groups. Food's great also, and you can sit inside or outside.

Stretch

p.s. sorry about my previous post, was having way too many problems with the computer yesterday. icon_mad.gif

Barcrawlers on ice, where will we turn up next?

Carnival Celebration 08/97

Carnival Fantasy 02/99

RCI Explorer 05/02

RCI Brilliance 04/03 The Barcrawler Legend Begins

RCI Brilliance 03/04 The Return of the Barcrawlers

Celebrity Summit 06/10/2005

Barcrawlers in Alaska

email address: Stretchcrawler@yahoo.com

I recommend walking around and deciding what tickles your fancy. Reservations are generally not needed, and that will give you an opportunity to walk through the shops along the way! Bubba Gump's is good. If you want something more local, stick with the cuban/nicaraguan restaurants. There's also a Hard Rock Cafe (if you prefer burgers, etc.).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Marcys:

We went to Bubba Gumps with a cruise critic group last year and service was great. While they couldn't put us all at a large table, they gave us an area just for us (we made advanced reserations). They also had no problem with a table for the teens. If you go there, go to the Bayside website and printout the coupon to trade in for a book of coupons to use at Bayside establishments. In it was one for a free appetizer for Bubba Gumps. Several of us had them, and they kept refilling our appetizer.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Marcys, Do you have a link to the Bayside website? We would like to get a book of coupons. Seems like Bubba Gumps gets the vote.

Archived