Los Angeles Highlights with airport drop-off -Post Cruise Question

Brewster

Has anybody had experience with this tour? The RCCL site states that is okay to take with a 3:30 depature (domestic) and after. We have a 3:35 PM depature from LAX. The tour is slated to leave at 9:00 AM from San Pedro and is listed to be approx 5.5 hours.

Doing the math, this will get us into LAX at 2:30 PM (which is cutting it close). If known, what time does the tour get into LAX (approx). I would be surprised if the tour length is this long with this reccomendation. TIA

• 3 weeks later...

The only suggestion I've gotten is to get to the airport early and then take the bus into the "old LA" portion of LA for a few hours. Not far from the airport, and interesting. I WISH there were some sort of tour that would take us to the airport and swing by somewhere for a couple of hours..

Hey all!

You're in a bit of a tricky situation, but really your best and only bet for this (besides taking the RCCL Ship Tour) is to shuttle to LAX - then take one of these tours:

http://www.lacitytours.com/Layovers.asp

Depending on how much time you have.

The A-4-3 to Santa Monica and Venice Beach will be the fastest (it's not too far from LAX).

The A-4-2 to Hollywood would be the second fastest.

The others won't work unless you have late flights after about 6 PM.

As far as the RCCL Tours, if you talk with them on the ship (and on the tour) I'm sure they can get you back to LAX by 2 PM, which would be plenty of time for a domestic flight at LAX.

They are not on that strict of a schedule, and will adjust according to the people on the tour (as long as you are at the 3:30 PM or later flight time).

Hope that helps.

Hey all!

You're in a bit of a tricky situation, but really your best and only bet for this (besides taking the RCCL Ship Tour) is to shuttle to LAX - then take one of these tours:

http://www.lacitytours.com/Layovers.asp

Depending on how much time you have.

The A-4-3 to Santa Monica and Venice Beach will be the fastest (it's not too far from LAX).

The A-4-2 to Hollywood would be the second fastest.

The others won't work unless you have late flights after about 6 PM.

As far as the RCCL Tours, if you talk with them on the ship (and on the tour) I'm sure they can get you back to LAX by 2 PM, which would be plenty of time for a domestic flight at LAX.

They are not on that strict of a schedule, and will adjust according to the people on the tour (as long as you are at the 3:30 PM or later flight time).

Hope that helps.

It does. Thank you very much for the response.

Brewster

Archived