first time Cruisin- Disney magic january 05-

njdrumrun

:p First of all have Fun!

Hopefully you have booked your shore excersions buy now they sell out fast if the ship is full!

Conch Rail tour of Key west is good!

Just hanging in Key West on Duval St (Especiallyf or Mom and Dad) even better

Snorkling at Grand Cayman is awsome!

Also, you may want to book snorkling and/or beach tubes for Castaway Cay.

My son and I went Parasailing on CastawayCay Great Fun!! :o

Whatever you do I'm sure you will have a great time Enjoy!!

thanks slandi,

booked catamaran racing in key west.

we were doing dolphin discovery in cozemel but i am trying to bail on that as passporters doesn't rate it very high. disney says the water is waist high but passporters says it can be chin high. i have a 6 y.o. and if she can't stand in the water..it'll be a pain.

for grand cayman, we were going to a "not" disney excursion, riding on the beach, but my daughter broke her arm and won't be able to ride her pony much before we go(even if the NJ weather cooperates) and i don't want to take the chance of reinjurying her arm on strange horses. so i am trying to get the catamaran/snorkel/beach party thing.

:rolleyes: funny how plans change?

all very excited!! we are three kids!!

thanks

On Cozmel

My wife and daughter did the dolphin thing. Water was rough that day and water was neck high to my tall 11 year old. She is an outstanding swimmer (swim team) and they held her as not to get sucked out to sea. So you may have made a good decision there.

thanks slandi..confirms i made the right choice about the dolphins:D

all excursions are booked. i am buying snorkels and masks for us to take with. the idea of putting my mouth on something that THOUSANDS of other people had their mouths on...skeeves me out and i am not easily skeeved!:rolleyes:

okay i have a question...so if i am leaving the ship and going on excursions. all which require water and leaving my personal things behind while i snorkel/swim, how do i keep my things from getting soaked(especially our passports) or stolen? my thought is... i have a belly pouch that i'll keep important things in but should i snorkel/swim with it on?? just put them in zip locks? any better ideas?

You will only need your Stateroom key to get back on the Ship so leave all your stuff locked up in the safe in your room. ;)

Take only a little cash or credit cards in you intend to shop. You will need suntan loation, sunglasses etc. You will get instruction on board as to what they recomend you take.

We snorkled at Cayman and left our stuff in backpacks on the guide's boat and nobody touched it.

On Castaway Cay all you will need is the Key and suntan loation! Everything charges back to your room.

I think I'm the only one answering your questions must be the time of year everybody is busy with Christmas

it's okay slandi..enjoy chattin with you!

so i don't need to take my passports when we leave the ship at grand cayman and cozomel? works for me! i figured i was good with castaway cay.

so excited!!!:D :rolleyes: ;) :) :p

Wog,

brought up the stingrays...daughter went ballistic. she got stung by jellyfish last summer in DE. thinks the same thing will happen with the stingrays...there's no reasoning with her when she's like that..kinda like her mom!:rolleyes:

Wog,

brought up the stingrays...daughter went ballistic. she got stung by jellyfish last summer in DE. thinks the same thing will happen with the stingrays...there's no reasoning with her when she's like that..kinda like her mom!:rolleyes:

hehehehe good luck to ya. You could try to show her pictures, but I hear ya, when they have something in their mind. No changing them. Good luck.

Archived