Anyone take a taxi to/from the port?

skindeep

We will be staying at a hotel on cocoa beach the night before the cruise.

Hotel will let us leave the car for no charge for the cruise week.

The taxi company the hotel recommended says it's $4 per person to the terminal (each way)..there are 4 of us so $16 each way (plus tip) so basically $20 each way for a total of $40 round trip.

Parking at the port is $15 a day I believe so obviously taxi option cheaper but I don't want any surprises...

Has anyone done this and was it ok? Don't want to find out when it's too late that it was a bad idea!

Thanks

Have you specifically asked your hotel if they have their own shuttle service? Many of the hotels in that area do, or have an arrangement with a local shuttle service to provide this service.

Have you specifically asked your hotel if they have their own shuttle service? Many of the hotels in that area do, or have an arrangement with a local shuttle service to provide this service.

Yes...the hotel does have an arrangment with a shuttle service to the terminal...basically $10 round trip per person. Doesn't come to the hotel until around 11:30AM...(I'd rather get to the terminal earlier)..also I worry if it is a shuttle to "all" the cruise lines and, unless Disney Cruise is the 1st drop off, I don't know when we will get there?

Also getting off the ship...calling a cab they come right then...I'll have to see when the shuttle is supposed to arrive.

I am not really worried about this as up until the AM of the cruise we can decide to drive, taxi it or take the shuttle.

Could you please tell me the hotel you will be staying at. I'm looking for one that will keep the care at no charge. Also, does anyone know if we could make our plane after the cruise if its at 1035. I know we have to go through customs because we're going on the 4 night cruise. Thanks in advance.

Could you please tell me the hotel you will be staying at. I'm looking for one that will keep the care at no charge. Also, does anyone know if we could make our plane after the cruise if its at 1035. I know we have to go through customs because we're going on the 4 night cruise. Thanks in advance.

This one:http://www.hamptoninn.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=COIBHHX

I don't believe you will be able to make that flight:(

I think you can get off of the ship really early...the question is when are your bags down at customs for pickup. Getting my luggage was a breeze once we went off of the ship. 2 other things to consider:

1) How early can shuttle or cab meet you out front

2) it is a 45 minute drive to the airport from the ship but we went through last Saturday at 4pm via Southwest Airlines and it was a 35 minute wait with lines to get to the bag check-in and then another 20 minutes to get through security

I bet it wont be that crowded in the morning but who knows

I don't know if anyone else has had this problem but when we got off the boat all the taxi drivers did not want to carry you to a hotel they wanted the big money to the airport. When one finally said he would carry us he wanted $30 for 2 of us and I nicely refused and hooked up with a shuttle company back to the hotel. Now all I will use is shuttle from the hotel or park at the terminal.

Paul

I know there are many hotels to choose from but we have stayed at the Raddison - Resort at the Port twice. We paid about $107 for the night in June 2009, this included free parking for the week if you needed it, as well as free shuttle. We booked the earliest shuttle which was 10am and got to the port before 10:30. We did book the shuttle months in advance which helped. The later you book the later you get to the terminal as the early slots fill up.

Our shuttle only went to Disney.

I am not sure what time the terminal opens, if it is 10 or 10:30 but around that time you can start the check in process.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Archived