coffee and sushi question on the carribean princess

dentistmEL

i am sailing tomorrow-yah!! anyway, keep reading all this coffee card talk. i know they say the complimentary coffee is syrupy? what does this mean. i enjoy using my keurig at home in the morning so i was wondering if i should buy the coffee card or the complimentary is okay? also, does the speciality coffees include chai lattes- that is mostly what i drink. second, any sushi offered onboard and how much cost? thanks so much

The coffee that is complementary is certainly NOT the best coffee in the world. Having said that, it is not the worst either. I drink A LOT of coffee each day, so I know my coffees. The coffee is made with syrup stirred into hot water, so perhaps that is what they mean. You should taste the free coffee and decide for yourself, but I think its not worth the $$$

As for the sushi, its 3 pieces for $3

Have fun, and take care of the ship. I'll be on the next cruise on the CB :)

I'm sailing on the Caribbean Princess tomorrow too. I've read a lot about the coffee card and will purchase one. However, I'm bring a jar of instant Taster's Choice coffee just in case the coffee is really horrible. Just remember, you can always go to the 24 hour Horizon Court. They always have hot water. Enjoy your cruise!

i am sailing tomorrow-yah!! anyway, keep reading all this coffee card talk. i know they say the complimentary coffee is syrupy? what does this mean. i enjoy using my keurig at home in the morning so i was wondering if i should buy the coffee card or the complimentary is okay? also, does the speciality coffees include chai lattes- that is mostly what i drink. second, any sushi offered onboard and how much cost? thanks so much

I don't mind the coffee and don't buy a card.

Sushi is offered in Vines on deck 5 in the Atruim. 3 pieces for $3. :)

You have to ask yourself -

Can I live for 9 days without a really good cup of coffee?

If the answer is no - buy the coffee card.

Sushi is served in the Caribe dining room.

Last year we saw it there several times during our cruise.

All for free.

The line is long!!!!

Enjoy your Cruise!!!!

I know exactly what you mean, I am struggling with the same question.......I love my Keurig machine too. It has been a long time (about four years now) but as I remember, Princess coffee was not the best, but certainly not bad enough to go without if you are like me and have to have that one cup in the morning.. But then again, being a nurse, we drink the worst coffee sometimes just to drink it.:rolleyes: I always thought for some dumb reason the coffee tasted better in the dining room as opposed to the Horizon Court. I am thinking I will probably skip the coffee card unless the coffee is worse than I remember.

Have a wonderful cruise and please tell us about it when you return!

Linda

You have to ask yourself -

Can I live for 9 days without a really good cup of coffee?

If the answer is no - buy the coffee card.

Sushi is served in the Caribe dining room.

Last year we saw it there several times during our cruise.

All for free.

The line is long!!!!

Enjoy your Cruise!!!!

Got off the CB last month, and there definetly is free sushi in the cafe caribe on some days if you look for it. It is always available at vines for a price

Got off the CB last month, and there definetly is free sushi in the cafe caribe on some days if you look for it. It is always available at vines for a price

How much sushi can one person eat? ;)..:D

(just to let you know I don't touch the stuff :o)

I can eat it every day (i probably have mercury poisoning by now)...i like the raw fish maki and sashimi, the stuff in the cafe caribe is mainly vegetable maki and california rolls--pretty to look at but not really what you probably mean by sushi rolls

vines is not the best you'll ever have but pretty good for the price-just simple rolls like spicy tuna and salmon and they serve different sashimi ask them what they are serving because they may not always have things on display and may change daily--they have great seaweed salad too :)

dumb question, what's a keurig? i bring a little french press sometimes which doesn't take up much room and get hot water from room service--i personally don't like the coffee at all at the buffet...

have a great trip!

Jennifers490:

dumb question, what's a keurig? i bring a little french press sometimes which doesn't take up much room and get hot water from room service--i personally don't like the coffee at all at the buffet...

A Keurig is a coffee maker that brews an individual cup of coffee. Wonderful invention.

The coffee that is complementary is certainly NOT the best coffee in the world. Having said that, it is not the worst either. I drink A LOT of coffee each day, so I know my coffees. The coffee is made with syrup stirred into hot water, so perhaps that is what they mean. You should taste the free coffee and decide for yourself, but I think its not worth the $$$

As for the sushi, its 3 pieces for $3

Have fun, and take care of the ship. I'll be on the next cruise on the CB :)

Hi Crown, I will also be on the next cruise! :D

I can eat it every day (i probably have mercury poisoning by now)...i like the raw fish maki and sashimi, the stuff in the cafe caribe is mainly vegetable maki and california rolls--pretty to look at but not really what you probably mean by sushi rolls

vines is not the best you'll ever have but pretty good for the price-just simple rolls like spicy tuna and salmon and they serve different sashimi ask them what they are serving because they may not always have things on display and may change daily--they have great seaweed salad too :)

I hope they have some Hamachi available. It may be more than 3 for $3 though. It's 2 for $6 here.

hamachi.jpg

Yellow Fin Tuna. I've gotten hooked! :p

now i'm hungry!

i think i had it for 1 dollar per piece of sashimi on the crown which was pretty good -- i dont know if they had the hamachi i remember regular tuna but they may have had it...not sure why they decided to mix the wine bar with sushi- saki may have been better lol...love the wine too though!

Archived