Tennis Courts - Booking?

lateuk

Hello,

I am on the Grand this summer and just wondered how the Tennis courts worked? Do you have to book and are the rackets and balls for hire or do you have to take your own?

Thanks

Hello,

I am on the Grand this summer and just wondered how the Tennis courts worked? Do you have to book and are the rackets and balls for hire or do you have to take your own?

Thanks

It has been first come first served. :)

They have equipment but you know how that goes, it gets busted and thrown over the side.

I'm refering to the "sports courts" on the deck plan of the grand. I thought they were for various sports including tennis? Just curious as to whether they are inside or out?

Thanks

I can give an answer but it is not an updated answer.......Our son has been an avid tennis player for years and ten years ago when we first started cruising and he heard that there were tennis courts on the ship he went crazy! First of all, they are not really tennis courts, it is paddle tennis but that is okay, paddle tennis is fun. Secondly, the main problem is that the court also doubles as the basketball court and that always wins over paddle tennis. The cruise staff handle the equipment so you do not have to bring your own racquet. We always thought it would be fun to have a tennis sign up and asked the cruise staff about that and they always said "basketball is more popular". Do not mean to discourage you, I hope it works for you, we love tennis:)

Maybe things have changed now. We have not sailed with Princess for four years. Our last cruise on HAL, our son was yelled at by six elderly people while he was hitting serves because he was too loud. He wasn't imitating Sharapova, just hitting serves.

Have fun on your cruise!

Linda

Hello,

Thanks

Use it while you can!

It will one day, if not already, be trashed and turned into "The Sanctuary", along with the running track.:mad:

That's what happened on the poor Star Princess...(but only a few of seem to care).

Archived