Zuiderdam Laundry Question

We booked our 1st trip on HAL Zuiderdam. Just read that there is no self-service laundry onboard:

"Self-service laundromats are situated in various locations on board, except the ms Noordam, ms Zuiderdam, ms Westerdam, ms Oosterdam and ms Eurodam ."

I am assuming that this means there are no coin operated washing machines onboard.

Maybe a stupid question, but what options do we have to wash some personal laundry during this LAX - Panama Canal 15night adventure?

any advice appreciated....thanks

There are no coin laundramats on the Vista class shis

You can purchase the laundry package for 15 days or by the bag. I have heard several prices lately so do not know exact price. If you are in a suite it is free.

Ruth & Jim

We were on the Zuiderdam last December - Panama Canal - and we twice used their laundry. You fill their bag with as much as you can stuff into it and they launder it - I think it was about 12 dollars a bag. Well worth it and nice not to have to spend the evening (or sea day) using a self service laundry. They laundered our underwear, our shirts and casual pants and everything turned out well within 24-48 hours.

Alice

I've called Ships Services and received a quote for unlimited laundry on this itinerary, and was quoted $95 p/person for the entire trip.

I've read here on CC that the laundry is often quoted incorrectly as p/person rather than p/cabin, so I asked the SS's rep to confirm that it was per person, she checked with a manager and said it was per person.

We're still assumming it is per cabin! :D

Keep in mind, this is laundry only, and does not include dry cleaning services. From my understanding, laundered clothes are returned pressed.

I see you've joined our roll call - glad to have you! Hope this helps!

Yotefan37

Maybe a stupid question, but what options do we have to wash some personal laundry during this LAX - Panama Canal 15night adventure?
If you are asking about items you don't want to send out to the laundry, you are stuck hand washing in your bathroom sink. Sorry. This is why we'll pick the an R/S class ship, or the Prinsendam, over a Vista/Signature class ship any day.

Archived