Disembarking day

Lessa11

Our ship, the Pearl, arrives back in Seattle from Alaska at 8:00am on the last day. Do we really have to get off the ship then or can we sleep in, pack up and leave at a more decent hour, say 10 am?

Yes you can sleep in. We left after 10:30 on the Pearl last time in Seattle. We went to breakfast and came back to the room for awhile. Just get the last boarding passes for leaving the ship. That way your luggage will be waiting for you in the last group.:)

You can attempt to sleep in. Constant announcements will put a bit of a damper into that.

You can either get the last color, or even wait after your color is called,or do self disembark anytime you want - up until mid morning that is. We love to do our own bags because we hate to put them out the night before.

Though it might require getting up early, I still have some wonderful pictures of sailing into Seattle from 5-6am.

Thanks, I will make sure to get a pass for the last group. I'm supposed to spend the day with my cousin that lives in Seattle, but I don't want to show up at her house at 9 in the morning. Don't think she'd appreciate that.

Just got off the Star on July 11, we took the last color tags and stayed on past the tag call with no problem when we left it only took 10 minutes to get from the ship to our bags and out the front door we were on the sidewalk at 10 am. No pressure or stress.

We are trying to book our airfare out of Seattle after getting off of the Pearl..itinerary says it arrives at 8a so I gather a 10:30a flight is out of the question? What would be an acceptable time to fly? I know the ships often dock earlier that they say, so want to be sure...anyone???

thanks!

We are trying to book our airfare out of Seattle after getting off of the Pearl..itinerary says it arrives at 8a so I gather a 10:30a flight is out of the question? What would be an acceptable time to fly? I know the ships often dock earlier that they say, so want to be sure...anyone???

thanks!

Why risk it? Ships have been known to get in late...take a later flight, for sure!

We did self disembark our last cruise, since we sailed from our home port in NYC. DH is not a fan of leaving luggage out the night before either. When we sailed out of Seattle in 2007, we waited in our cabin until last call off the ship, about 10am. We let our steward know so he could plan accordingly. We ordered room service that morning and enjoyed a leisurely morning while everyone else was rushing around, just to wait to be called off the ship. Our luggage was out, waiting for us, no need to search for our pieces of luggage since we were one of the last pax to leave.

Archived