Diabetic and what drinks are free????

gapopes5

I don't mind drinking water because I have to drink alot of water anyway, but would love to have something besides water while on a cruise. I know juice is free, but being diabetic I need the low sugar juice. Does anyone know how much the fountain card is?

I believe the fountain card is about $50 for the week (including tax and gratuities). If you buy it once you leave the US I believe there is no tax and if you purchase the next day the cost is pro-rated.

Not sure if they have low sugar juices on the ship but you can drink Diet Coke to your heart's content....!!!

Other 'free' (cold) drinks on the Lido deck include lemonade and iced tea - but I think both are pre-sweetened.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic and on a pump, so if I want something laced with sugar, I just crank in a couple of extra units.:p

I gather that you are a Type 2 diabetic and use either diet or pills to control your disease. The Lido deck dispenses free coffee (which is usually very good), lousy iced tea made from concentrate, lemonade (full of sugar or high fructose corn syrup) apple and orange juice. If I want iced tea, I brew my own as hot water and tea bags are available.

I brew tea for my wife too as she hates the concentrate even worse than I do.

Good luck; good cruising!

Doc

I am an insulin dependent diabetic and on a pump, so if I want something laced with sugar, I just crank in a couple of extra units.:p

Doc

Ditto, I've been on a pump for many years. :D Did you notice that you used more insulin during your trips? I emptied my pump much faster than normal!! Forgot to change my basal back quick enough, had a few days of reactions after... oops.

I drank a lot of the tea, definitely not my favorite, but it worked out. Many people, me included on our next cruise, take Crystal Light singles to use with the water.

Thanks for the info. I forgot about taking crystal lite. I just called Carnival and they said I could bring some drinks with me. I'm glad for that. Diet coke and nasty tea get old. :)

I don't mind drinking water because I have to drink alot of water anyway, but would love to have something besides water while on a cruise. I know juice is free, but being diabetic I need the low sugar juice. Does anyone know how much the fountain card is?

A Lloyd Lindsey Young greeting to you gapopes5: I am a diabetic too. Sometimes they have cranberry juice which is low in sugar. I also drink a lot of iced tea. It comes unsweetened and tastes pretty good.

Archived