Juneau-Cab Fare From Pier to Airport

4_THE_HALIBUT

Does anyone have any idea what cab fare would be from the pier to the airport? Thinking about renting a car. Had originally planned on renting from Rent-A-Wreck due to the pick-up/drop-off thing, but I don't want to have to return the car as early as they need it back.

Does anyone have any idea what cab fare would be from the pier to the airport? Thinking about renting a car. Had originally planned on renting from Rent-A-Wreck due to the pick-up/drop-off thing, but I don't want to have to return the car as early as they need it back.

Are you sitting down? Between $25-$30, one way. I haven't done it this year yet, but it was about $27 with tip last year.

They have told you, you would be only able to get a limited rental with a fixed timeframe for a return?? Otherwise, for a $15 drop fee- downtown, you turn in the car after their 6pm closure.

They have told you, you would be only able to get a limited rental with a fixed timeframe for a return?? Otherwise, for a $15 drop fee- downtown, you turn in the car after their 6pm closure.

Other posters are reporting that they no longer offer that option.

Other posters are reporting that they no longer offer that option.

This is a recent change. The drop was available when I was there first week of June.

Are they still offering a shuttle from downtown, to their cars??

I know they have a city bus that goes out and has a stop about a block from the airport, if you don't want the expense of a cab.

I know they have a city bus that goes out and has a stop about a block from the airport, if you don't want the expense of a cab.

Actually there is/was? an express bus to the airport. If you hit the time right, certainly a good alternative. Problem will be if you just miss a bus and have to wait 30-60 minutes for the next one.

This is a recent change. The drop was available when I was there first week of June.

Are they still offering a shuttle from downtown, to their cars??

For anyone interested in renting from RAW, I would telephone them with your specific dates and find out what their policy is at for that time.

It's Alaska; things change for a variety of wacky reasons and change back just as easily.

The express bus is 15 minutes from downtown to the airport, but as BQ says, only runs certain times.

Even the regular bus, if you have the schedule, is not out of the question. Just plan it right and if you are going to Mendenhall or the Valley, you are traveling in the right direction anyway. I did this both ways and it really was not a hassle at all, just took a bit more time than the express bus. Definitely better than waiting a lot longer just to catch an express bus. The regular bus drops you off one block from the airport.

Archived