Updated planning webpage with pictures of favors, etc.

kadiebug12

Thanks for the compliments everyone! I'm starting to really get excited, family flies in in less than 2 weeks!

Smiles-

We got the book from http://www.jennibick.com/adesso-albums.html. It was the least expensive website where you could buy the adesso album and we had our names and the date embossed on the front. It looks great. The inside pages of our book are white, not black like the one in the picture in my bio. Has 30 pages, which is perfect for our 27 person wedding, won't have a bunch of empty pages. Shipment was very fast and they even contacted me because I put in 2004 as the date and they were pretty sure I meant 2005, which I did. So, their service was pretty good too.

If you go to the bottom of my bio and click on "Wedding Bio Creator" and read the instructions it's actually really easy to make a bio. YOu just need to upload all your pics to shutterfly.com or some other online picture site. Then, just follow the instructions on the Wedding Bio Creator website and wah-la, you have a bio. You can also find lots of help making your bio at http://magnificentbliss.com/knot/ under bio assistance.

Hi Kadie, I just love your arrangement for your wedding its beautiful you have taste girl:) I am also planning my cruise wedding in the spring of 2006 and I am just in the stages of looking at different things. So far I like the message in a bottle for my invitation, have not seen anything that crab me for the favors yet since most of my guest are not sailing with me, but anyway I love your pictures of your planning so far and might just take a few of your ideas and throw them into mine;)

Karita-

Thanks and please, steal anything you like! We got our favors from http://www.beau-coup.com and they have lots of cute options. There are sooo many favor choices out there, it's hard to choose isn't it?

CruiseBride2005-Are you having as hard a time concentrating on anything else as I am? We already have our luggage out. LOL

Kadie --

I've been busy trying to decide on cruise excursions today -- everyday, there's a new thing to obsess about and today its excursions!

I really like your bio...I've been trying to work on mine but its still quite out-of-date. Hopefully, I'll find some time over the holidays to put some more photos up:

http://www.theknot.com/co_profileview.htm?profilename=cruisebride2005

JerseyGirl-

You are right, planning the little things for the guests is so much fun and I consider it the perk of a cruise wedding. Because most everything is taken care of for you, you get to focus on the fun things and that is the best part! How did your wedding turn out? In hindsight, would you have done it any other way? NO, he has definitly not seen me in the dress, he hasn't seen the dress at all. He hasn't seen any of the pictures either, he's totally in the dark. :)

Karita-

I got the shirts from a screenprinter who sells on Ebay. I'll be happy to send you his email address, just drop me an e mail at kadiebug12@hotmail.com (not sure if he'd want me to post it, but I'm sure he'd want me to share it.) He did a really good job, he is the one who designed the logo, we told him what we were looking for and he got it right on the first attempt. We couldn't be more pleased with them. We got around 25 of them for 90.00 out the door including the logo design and shipping, I think he posts auctions for 36 of them for around 100.00 including design, but shipping is extra.

Had my make up consultation today at Sephora. It was fun and they did an AMAZING job. I spent way too much on makeup, but I LOVE what they did and how they showed me to do it myself (had a bridesmaid there to help me remember) for the wedding. It's free for the consulation and they didn't pressure me to buy the products at all, I racked up that bill on my own. :)

Kadie, you hit the nail on the head. Because the cruiseline takes care of the major stuff, it gives the bride an opportunity to have fun with the little things. And to answer your question, our wedding turned out fabulous. Our guests are still talking about it two years later. Funny thing is, we had awful weather, but none of our guests seem to remember that until I remind them. they just remember how much fun we all had. I would do a cruise wedding again in a heartbeat. This was my second marriage, and the first time around we had the traditional 250-guest land wedding. I was so stressed, there were relatives there I hardly knew, and I couldn't wait for it to be over. With the cruise wedding, I was sad when it was all over. So that tells you how great it was.

Kadie:

A friend of mine works for Justina McCaffrey and she manages all of the samples. As a result, I got my dress for a third of the price and I got two veils for hardly anything. One of the veils was a sample from one of their stores and had therefore been tried on by a number of brides..another was produced in error for another bride and was brand new (the veil was supposed to have another foot added and was therefore returned). It seems my friends and family prefer the longer veil with my dress...I'm just having a hard time adjusting to the idea of a veil that goes down to the floor!

Archived