Post your room service stories/ pics

mano123

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]I've heard that Carnival's RS BLTs were fabulous, but did not have a chance to order one this past January. I'll try to remember next year on the Spirit. ;)

[/COLOR][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Purple]Here's a picture of our breakfast on the balcony of the Golden Princess.[/COLOR][/FONT]

On our first cruise my dh loved being able to fill out the continental breakfast order and hang it on our door for the next morning. This worked great until about day 5 when he was sound asleep when breakfast arrived. He was disoriented and opened the door to see who was knocking so early. Room service and dh in his underwear all flustered trying to take the tray without having to open the door all the way since there were people in the hall was not easy. He told the guy to wait and he'd get his tip but when dh went back to the door he was gone.....I wouldn't have waited either lol That ended dh's wanting room service on auto delivery lol

[quote name='crazed']On our first cruise my dh loved being able to fill out the continental breakfast order and hang it on our door for the next morning. This worked great until about day 5 when he was sound asleep when breakfast arrived. He was disoriented and opened the door to see who was knocking so early. Room service and dh in his underwear all flustered trying to take the tray without having to open the door all the way since there were people in the hall was not easy. He told the guy to wait and he'd get his tip but when dh went back to the door he was gone.....I wouldn't have waited either lol That ended dh's wanting room service on auto delivery lol[/quote]

Lol, sounds like something my DH would do:D

[quote name='bflandry317']Didn't try room service on our last cruise, but I will be taking advantage of it on our cruise next week. Do they leave a menu in the room or do you get it from somewhere?[/QUOTE]

There is a little binder in your room on the desk. Look through it and the menu is in there.:)

That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time Dan40!
We cruise with family and friends and usually have a corner aft cabin. Consequently we host the parties on sea days, but we make them all BYORS (bring your own room service) and BYOB!

[URL=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2140529980064948802PHMKFb][IMG]http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/7314/2140529980064948802S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='crazed']On our first cruise my dh loved being able to fill out the continental breakfast order and hang it on our door for the next morning. This worked great until about day 5 when he was sound asleep when breakfast arrived. He was disoriented and opened the door to see who was knocking so early. Room service and dh in his underwear all flustered trying to take the tray without having to open the door all the way since there were people in the hall was not easy. He told the guy to wait and he'd get his tip but when dh went back to the door he was gone.....I wouldn't have waited either lol That ended dh's wanting room service on auto delivery lol[/quote]

I do that daily. We use RS for a wake up call. I lay the tip on the dresser the night before. When the knock comes, I pick up the money on the way to answer the door in my skivvies [same as a bathing suit]. Barb pulls the covers over her head. Of course I'm not ready for public presentation, that's what the tip money is for. I hold it in front of their eyes so they don't run screaming down the hall. They [he/she] enter the room, set the tray on the table, take the money, look at me, and THEN run screaming down the hall!:D

[quote name='dobiemom'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]I've heard that Carnival's RS BLTs were fabulous, but did not have a chance to order one this past January. I'll try to remember next year on the Spirit. ;)[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=purple]Here's a picture of our breakfast on the balcony of the Golden Princess.[/COLOR][/FONT][/quote]

Not trying to hijack the thread...just wanted to say I love your avatar! I have had/been around Dobermans since I was born. I currently have a red named Mia....so sweet.

Room Service on Valor was great. We did every day except the disembarkation day. Sometimes twice. :)

Smoked salmon was a must every morning.

Also really liked the morning croissants. They were very flaky and tasty with some butter and jam.

And the grilled cheese sandwiches. And the shrimp salad sandwich.

[quote name='Max Circus']Room Service on Valor was great. We did every day except the disembarkation day. Sometimes twice. :)

Smoked salmon was a must every morning.

Also really liked the morning croissants. They were very flaky and tasty with some butter and jam.

And the grilled cheese sandwiches. And the shrimp salad sandwich.[/quote]

I really really cannot wait!!

[quote name='mano123']I really really cannot wait!![/quote]

You will [B]really really[/B] like it. :) As others have said, be VERY specific when you order. If you need more than one butter pat or jam packet, let them know. And if you are big coffee drinkers, you may want to ask for two urns. They are pretty small - hold about 4 cups.

[URL=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114576414044264514PfSdSF][IMG]http://thumb14.webshots.net/s/thumb1/7/64/14/114576414PfSdSF_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

click on it to see a larger version

[quote name='serene56'][URL=http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1114576414044264514PfSdSF][IMG]http://thumb14.webshots.net/s/thumb1/7/64/14/114576414PfSdSF_th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

click on it to see a larger version[/QUOTE]

This is no longer the room service menu. They changed it about a year ago.

[quote name='adamt']Nothing crazy,

but i can say that after a night of drinking, NOTHING tastes as good at 2am as a roast beef and brie sandwich, a cold pickle, and a glass of iced tea, just before you lay your head down to sleep.

I honestly thinks it prevents hangovers:)

[IMG]http://geodee.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/img_7120.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

You are making me hungry and I just had lunch.......LOL:eek:

[quote name='Nicole721']This is no longer the room service menu. They changed it about a year ago.[/quote]

whats different about the menu? it was the same one we had on the Liberty-- but that was last Sept-- over a year ago

[quote name='dan40']Copied and pasted from long, long, ago:

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]The following is a conversation between a guest and Room Service:[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]Room Service (RS) "Morny. Ruin Sorbees"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]Guest (G) " Sorry. I thought I dialled Room Service"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Rye..Ruin Sobees..Morny! Djewish to odor sun teen?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "uh..Yes..I'd like some bacon and eggs"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Ow July den?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "What??!!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS; "Ow July den?...pry...boy...pooch?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "Oh, The eggs!..How do I like them?...Sorry. Scrambled, please"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS:"Ow July dee baychem....crease?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "Crisp will be fine"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Hokay an Santos?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "What??!!"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Sant tos..July Santos?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "I don't think so"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS:"No? Judo one toes??"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "Sorry....I feel really bad about this, but I don't know what Judo one toes means.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Toes!..Toes!..Why Djew Don Juan toes?..Ow bow singlish mopping we bother?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "English Muffin!!...I've got it! You were saying "Toast". Fine. Yes..an English muffin will be fine."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "We bother?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "No..just put the bother on the side."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Wad?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: " I mean butter...just put it on the side"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Copy?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G;"Sorry?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Copy..tea..mill..?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "Yes. Coffee please, and that's all."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "One Minnie. Ass ruin torino free, strangle ache. crease baychem, tossy singlish mopping we bother honey sigh, and copy....rye?"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "Whatever you say."[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]RS: "Tendjewberrymud"[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=4][COLOR=black]G: "You're welcome.......Honey....hurry up in the bathroom...we're going to the Lido buffet!"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=darkorchid]LMBO!!! This is hilarious!!! I can't stop laughing because that is how I felt when I ordered room service on my last cruise!!! I have to send this to someone!!! LMBO!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='gail811']That was the funniest thing I have read in a long time Dan40!
We cruise with family and friends and usually have a corner aft cabin. Consequently we host the parties on sea days, but we make them all BYORS (bring your own room service) and BYOB!

[URL="http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2140529980064948802PHMKFb"][IMG]http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/7314/2140529980064948802S600x600Q85.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/quote]

Heck of an idea, I like it.

Our DD's usually order a salad or veggies when we would get back from port or a snack in the afternoon. I never tried until the past cruise. I ordered room service after getting back on ship late afternoon and waited over an hour. I book that up to the time of the day after a port day.

I did get the roast beef and Brie that is the rage on this board one afternoon. On the Destiny, not something that I would crave but I did get a Grilled Focaccia Sandwich with Portabello and Basil Aioli. Very, very tasty....will try this again. My DW got a BLT and has been craving one since.

True story on our first cruise. We were young and on a very tight budget. Didn't board until mid-afternoon after the lido grill had closed. We were cruising with our friends. In their cabin, they were having some room service. I was dying for something to eat and I didn't know room service was included.

That was the last time I have ever been hungry on a cruise. Next cruise, I will be taking some pictures of the room service.:D

[quote name='CorbinCatFan'] I ordered room service after getting back on ship late afternoon and waited over an hour. I book that up to the time of the day after a port day.:D[/quote]

just a heads up- the only thing to find opened to eat between the hours of 2:30 and 4:30 is the grill and the pizza- wait for room service is gonna be high during port days at those times.

[quote name='serene56']just a heads up- the only thing to find opened to eat between the hours of 2:30 and 4:30 is the grill and the pizza- wait for room service is gonna be high during port days at those times.[/quote]

how long about is the wait at these times?

[quote=MamaParrotHead;53d20300974]Four words for you. Smell. The. Milk. First.

Smell the ketchup, too. My husband and I had a bottle of ketchup on the lido deck one time that spewed all over him when he opened it up, and it both smelled and tasted bad. We're pretty sure it was either fermented or else someone had poured their beer in it.

Archived