Whats the best beach to visit in St Thomas?

cruiseloving

Hi montREALady,

I made a mistake, there will ONLY be three ships in port on Feb 23rd. We lived in Montreal as well, that's where my kids were born. Loved it there.

Oh okay, that's not considered a lot? That's about what 9000 people?! :eek: I loved it there too, you only miss and appreciate it when you're gone :rolleyes: EEE Tours is a choice of mine as well...I emailed Sunny Liston a question and awaiting the answer. We'll see, part of me just wants to book it with the cruise!!

cruisett.com isn't that accurate. It said that last Tuesday there would be 2 ships in St. Maarten, but there were four. And it said that last Wednesday there would be 5 ships in St. Thomas but there were four. No big deal, but just don't rely on the information.

BTW, went to Sapphire Beach for about 1-1/2 hours on the Sunny Liston tour and loved it. They have servers there who will get drinks and food for you. And the beach is gorgeous!

If you just want to go to Sapphire Beach and do nothing else, by all means - take a cab. If you do a tour, it will include 2 hours of shopping, 2 hours of touring the island, and (if you're lucky) 2 hours at the beach. Not sure the little ones would like the shopping and touring much! :)

I thought we had decided on a beach but now I am back to 2 choices - Megan's Bay and Sapphire. I haven't checked out Secret Harbour but that looks like a favorite too. We are looking for nice powdery sand, bathroom facilities and a relaxed atmosphere. We have a 7 year old and would also like to snorkel. Any feedback would be appreciated.

cruisett.com isn't that accurate. It said that last Tuesday there would be 2 ships in St. Maarten, but there were four. And it said that last Wednesday there would be 5 ships in St. Thomas but there were four. No big deal, but just don't rely on the information.

BTW, went to Sapphire Beach for about 1-1/2 hours on the Sunny Liston tour and loved it. They have servers there who will get drinks and food for you. And the beach is gorgeous!

Last time I was at Sapphire there was no restaurants ( closed ) and the

washrooms were disgusting, I take it that is not the way it is now ?

• 2 weeks later...

Is it worthwhile going to both Sapphire and Magens in the same day? We will be in port from 10-6PM. We really like to snorkel and are looking to jet ski which seems to be a good match for Sapphire Beach. Is Magens also worthwhile visiting for a few hours in the afternoon or is it too much trouble getting to both places?

Change of plans, not going to do Sapphire and heard Magens will be too crowded so thought we would do Emerald Beach. Anyone know the taxi rate from Havensight to Emerald Beach (and also how long will it take?)

Thanks

I'm not sure of the taxi rate from Havensight but it's $4 p/p from Crown bay (5 minutes by taxi) or a relaxing 25 minute walk with sidewalks. btw-I've never seen it to crowded at Emerald beach & there's no entrance fee like Magens.

Change of plans, not going to do Sapphire and heard Magens will be too crowded so thought we would do Emerald Beach. Anyone know the taxi rate from Havensight to Emerald Beach (and also how long will it take?)

Thanks

We've done it a couple of times. My recollection is about $20(total) each way and 20 minutes to 1/2 hour.

Beach is nice, facilities are limited.

Emerald was $6 per person from Havensight, I believe it took maybe 10 minutes? We went there, and there was 3 foot waves pounding the shore (told this was rare), but too wavy for our two kids. We then went by taxi from Emerald to Megahns Bay ($10 per person. Megahns was pretty, calm, and the water was warm. We loved it. It was a bit crowded. The burgers we had from the food place there were the best beach burgers we have ever had.

I believe it was $8 per person then back to Havensight from Megahns.

Emerald was $6 per person from Havensight, I believe it took maybe 10 minutes? We went there, and there was 3 foot waves pounding the shore (told this was rare), but too wavy for our two kids. We then went by taxi from Emerald to Megahns Bay ($10 per person. Megahns was pretty, calm, and the water was warm. We loved it. It was a bit crowded. The burgers we had from the food place there were the best beach burgers we have ever had.

I believe it was $8 per person then back to Havensight from Megahns.

Wow, we've been to Emerald maybe 8 times & never so much as a ripple. I actually would like to see a few waves.

Archived