Freedom 6/20 Review *Warning* Lots of pictures and very detailed!

Hello everyone! I know I've been home now for almost 2 weeks but have been a little busy "readjusting" to reality. The cruise was great and by far the most memorable vacation I've ever taken! Just to give you a little background info, there were 4 of us on this trip. There was Me (25, 2nd Cruise), My best friend Spencer (25, 3rd Cruise), my friends Kira (24, 1st Cruise) and Melvin (24, 1st Cruise). Our itinerary was the 8 day Eastern Caribbean to San Juan, St. Thomas, Antigua, Tortola and Nassau. Now on with the review!

We left on Friday June 19. We had a 8:00pm-10:27pm flight from Baltimore to Ft. Lauderdale. We got to the airport at about 6:00pm and checked in with Airtran. We headed over to security and hit long lines. There was a high school trip that got there just before we did. We were in line for about 20 minutes before we made it through security. By the time we walked across the airport and made a stop at McDonald's it was time to board the airplane. We were seated in an exit row with the boys sitting in the row in front of us.

Sunset from the plane

002-4.jpg

Me and Kira

006-3.jpg

The boys hiding behind the seats

007-3.jpg

I loved the extra leg room! I popped in my headphones and listened to the top 40's station on the XM radio. I stayed awake the entire flight listening to music and looking out the window. I don't really like to fly at night but I have to say that I loved looking at the city lights as we flew over the ocean into Ft. Lauderdale. We arrived at 10:27 on the dot! We got our bags and headed outside to meet our shuttle driver for the Hampton Inn Airport/Cruise port. We only had to wait about 10 minutes for the shuttle. There were 2 other couples in the van when he picked us up but there was plenty of room for us. Our driver was helpful and friendly. He told us where we could get something to eat and said that he would drive us to any restaurant within 3 miles.

We checked in and signed up for the shuttle to the cruise port. All of the early times were booked so we were scheduled for the 1pm shuttle. Check out was supposed to be at 11am but the front desk told us we could have our room until 12:30 since we had a late shuttle. We were in room 201. It was clean the bed was comfortable. The only complaint I have is the wireless internet at the hotel wouldn't connect. It kept saying connected with limited access but everything else was fine. We ordered some food from a carryout and watched movies for the rest of the night until we fell asleep.

More to come..........

Shenika, awesome start to your review! We have over 100 days to wait, and we'll be doing the Western 8 day route, but I am sooo looking forward to the rest of your review, especially those pictures! Did you eat in the Supper Club? We are debating doing it, but we loved the MDR and our tablemates so much last cruise we're not sure we want to skip a night. Anyway, great job and please continue. ......<waiting>........<waiting>.....

Hmmm............and I sit here tapping my foot patiently waiting for something about the cruise! Geez my heart can't stand the pounding in anticipation of some Carnival Freedom photos and a well thought out review of the ship and food. Absolutly need to here about the food!:o Was there food? Was it the Carnival Freedom or a slight error and will not find you over on the RCCL threads, talking about the food?

Pleeeeeaaaase! Don't destroy whatever dignity (or is it dignaty?) I have left and make me beg!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

oh no!!! Please come back and finish after such a great start. We haven't even made it on the shuttle to the ship yet.

Don't let "real life" get in the way of your review.....we're all anxiously awaiting.....

Archived