Mariner Alaska & Wi-fi

Is there Wi-fi on the Mariner in Alaska?

If so, is it free?

If not, what are the charges?

Many thanks!

I love this board - so very helpful!!:D

Yes, but speed can be very slow (despite some opinions, I think it has to do with the fact that Alaska is, well, quite a bit north of the equator, but it is slow.) Wifi is free once you have sialed one segment of 7 days or more on Regent. Prior to that the best bet is the 250 minute plan ($62.50) just remember to log out when you have finished a session. You just sign up from your laptop (or computer in the internet cafe) and it is billed to your onboard account. WiFi is throughout the ship. We were in suite 1077 and it worked fine there.

Wifi is free once you have sialed one segment of 7 days or more on Regent.

Rally,

Is the seven day requirement something new? I thought you didn't get free internet access until you had sailed 21 days. The web site still shows a 21 day requirement.

Dave

It is 21 days. You have to forgive Rally -- he's been drinking all day*:eek:

You'll lose your connection several times on the Alaska cruise. There are several black-out areas. If you're prepared for it, it won't bother you as much.

*Oops -- meant to say that Rally has been cyber-drinking all day.:p

It is 21 days. You have to forgive Rally -- he's been drinking all day*:eek:

You'll lose your connection several times on the Alaska cruise. There are several black-out areas. If you're prepared for it, it won't bother you as much.

*Oops -- meant to say that Rally has been cyber-drinking all day.:p

I resemble that, Travelcat! I have merely been getting my fruits and vegetables.

I was also wondering if there are any onboard computers that are available for use, (like a business center in many hotels) or do you have to bring your own laptop. Thanks!

There are computer centers on each ship. There were probably 10 - 12 computers on the Mariner.

Dave

Haven't looked at the thread yet, but, I do see red boxes -- they have been there (instead of the graphic) for at least a week or two.

Regarding computers, there are only 6-7 on the Navigator.

OMG -- just read the thread:eek:

I see graphics.

Why do Paint Horse and I see "X":( I'm going to work on my signature -- maybe it's causing a problem!

Well, that is a question you will have to ask yourselves. You could ask the Regent back office but . . . . .

Just got off Mariner on 7/8. Day before we got off the satellite was down most of day so I got stuck with paying and could not use the minutes. Wifi is good and I could get good connection from suite 968. Problem is like all cruise ships, satellite reception sucks and SLOW. Next cruise I will be "silver" (21 days) so internet will be free.

Rick

Archived