Have you used “Early Saver”

kakarp

Doing some cruise research. I see we have 3 choices.

Fun Select: I choose my cabin which I have done for the past 7 cruises.

Fun Select5: I pick the cabin type they pick my location. Don’t think I like that.

Early Saver6:

If I choose Early Saver do I get to pick my cabin and location?

Kevin

Doing some cruise research. I see we have 3 choices.

Fun Select: I choose my cabin which I have done for the past 7 cruises.

Fun Select5: I pick the cabin type they pick my location. Don’t think I like that.

Early Saver6:

If I choose Early Saver do I get to pick my cabin and location?

Kevin

You do, but you run the risk of losing your deposit if you can't go for any reason. I booked the ES for 2 cabins. I need to book at 3rd for my in-laws on the same ship, but will be booking the Fun Select. Luckily, the price is the same for the ES now.

Carnival actually seems to be quite flexable with the rules on ES. Depends on who you talk with there. If you have a PVP that will go to bat for you, you will have a better chance in making changes, if necessary, to your booking. So far I have been pleased with booking ES. Of course that could change.

So far, I have loved my ESR. Just spoke with PVP two nights ago about switching cabins and they were willing to be very helpful. (Decided to keep our current cabins, though.)

For us, the rate has done nothing but increase since we booked in January. The ESR has been a true blessing.

I booked my cabins first a few months ago, then I called today as we are getting close to the 5 month mark and switched my kids cabin to ES, saved $140. It would only have saved my DH and I $10/pp so I didn't opt for it on our cabin. Hopefully it will work out for us.

accually, you do not lose your entire deposit, just 100 per person. the rest is held as a future cruise credit. i booked this same rate type for my dec. 19th freedom cruise once i found out i would not lose it all if something came up.

accually, you do not lose your entire deposit, just 100 per person. the rest is held as a future cruise credit. i booked this same rate type for my dec. 19th freedom cruise once i found out i would not lose it all if something came up.

Wrong. It's $50 penalty per person if you cancel outside of normal penalty. Within penalty, normal rules apply.

Carnival actually seems to be quite flexable with the rules on ES. Depends on who you talk with there. If you have a PVP that will go to bat for you, you will have a better chance in making changes, if necessary, to your booking. So far I have been pleased with booking ES. Of course that could change.

this is very true.....my pvp has gone to bat for me several times, streching the rules of early saver each time...

Wrong. It's $50 penalty per person if you cancel outside of normal penalty. Within penalty, normal rules apply.

Also, if you paid the deposit for someone else who has to cancel, Carnival will not give you the remaining amount towards your future cruise, it has to go to the person whose name the cancellation will be in. Example: I pay for my mother to go ES. She has to cancel yet I paid for her deposit. I will not get the $150 to $200 remaining deposit. It must go towards a future cruise for her even though I paid for the deposit. Stupid rule which I believe will be getting changed.

As others have said it is $50 pp if you cancel and rebook. You do not get hit with a penalty for changing cabins or upgrades or adding a person - Now if your booking number changes ---that is when you get hit with the penalty - I just went through this today and now I am very educated about the ES but I knew what I was getting into when I booked so the only thing that I learned really is that you can not transfer the ES booking to a TA for a GROUP cruise or you will be hit with the $50pp charge. However you can transfer it to a TA with no problem, which is what I did. :D

You can always buy travel insurance with the ES booking but then I am not sure if you will come out ahead $$$$

Archived