Acapulco yacht excursion and cliff divers

woodley

I read about a shore excursion in acapulco that takes you on a yacht to watch the cliff divers then onto a secluded cove for snorkling, swimming, rafts and water trampoline back to the boat for bar b que and drinks. 5 hour trip.

Has anyone done this trip, if so can you let me have any information on it ie, safety, worth the money etc. etc..

Is this the one you mean?

I found this excursion last night while surfing the web. It is called the

Sun & Fun Elite Cruise by Fish-R-Us. I came across it first at Acapulco.com. I was super excited because it sounds like exactly what we were looking for, so I emailed the company last night. No reply yet, but I searched for the tour name on Google and came across several websites that state that this tour is from 12:00pm-4:00pm - too early for us because we port at 12:00 pm. Bummer.

There is another trip we are looking at that sounds similar, sans the 55ft yacht. It is called Snorkeling trip at Acapulco.com and costs about half as much as the other trip. From looking at other wbsites, I think they have a 1:00pm - 6:00 pm window that would probably work for us. I'm going to contact them once I am certain that the first excursion isn't possible.

Hope this helps!

I read about a shore excursion in acapulco that takes you on a yacht to watch the cliff divers then onto a secluded cove for snorkling, swimming, rafts and water trampoline back to the boat for bar b que and drinks. 5 hour trip.

Has anyone done this trip, if so can you let me have any information on it ie, safety, worth the money etc. etc..

Try Shoretrips.com. I looked into it but decided to go a different route.

Is this the one you mean?

I found this excursion last night while surfing the web. It is called the

Sun & Fun Elite Cruise by Fish-R-Us. I came across it first at Acapulco.com. I was super excited because it sounds like exactly what we were looking for, so I emailed the company last night. No reply yet, but I searched for the tour name on Google and came across several websites that state that this tour is from 12:00pm-4:00pm - too early for us because we port at 12:00 pm. Bummer.

There is another trip we are looking at that sounds similar, sans the 55ft yacht. It is called

Snorkeling trip at Acapulco.com and costs about half as much as the other trip. From looking at other wbsites, I think they have a 1:00pm - 6:00 pm window that would probably work for us. I'm going to contact them once I am certain that the first excursion isn't possible.

Hope this helps!

The 1-6 wouldnt work if you wanted to see the divers from the boat. I believe the shows are at 1 pm and then 730 and 830. We too will be on the Spirit and arrive at noon. We will be taking a custom tour with Rudys Tourbyvan that will get us to the 1 pm show then to a lunch and beach and then on to Senor Frogs later in the evening. Woo hoo!! Cant wait!!

Yeah, the snorkeling trip doesn't include seeing the cliff divers. I figured that maybe we'd catch a cab over to the viewing area on our own when we returned from snorkeling. I'd rather see them in the daytime, though.

Cruzinismyname, which beach are they taking you to? I wouldn't mind doing a custom tour, but I'm interested in snorkeling at Roqueta Island.

Yeah, the snorkeling trip doesn't include seeing the cliff divers. I figured that maybe we'd catch a cab over to the viewing area on our own when we returned from snorkeling. I'd rather see them in the daytime, though.

Cruzinismyname, which beach are they taking you to? I wouldn't mind doing a custom tour, but I'm interested in snorkeling at Roqueta Island.

We are going to a beach called Revolcadero which is sort of East of Acapulco down by the lagoon. He chose that beach because we wanted big waves to do some boogie boarding, so we needed to be out of the bay and on the Pacific. I emailed Rudy and told him what I wanted and he emailed back the next day with a perfect plan for my group at an awesome price. Im sure he could help you somehow with the Roqueta Island trip and whatever else you wanted.

We are going to a beach called Revolcadero which is sort of East of Acapulco down by the lagoon. He chose that beach because we wanted big waves to do some boogie boarding, so we needed to be out of the bay and on the Pacific. I emailed Rudy and told him what I wanted and he emailed back the next day with a perfect plan for my group at an awesome price. Im sure he could help you somehow with the Roqueta Island trip and whatever else you wanted.

I may look into that, because it would have everything we want except the opportunity to snorkel. We can always do that in Ziihua if it doesn't work out in Acapulco.

Woodly - I have been in contact with fish-r-us who runs this yacht/cliff diver tour. They will work with you if you can get 10+ people for your tour. They suggested I try to get 5+ more people to take the tour with us by posting on the boards here, so I have posted a request in my roll call. We're going on the 11/11/09 Carnival Spirit sailing, if anyone is interested. All of the details are in the roll call.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a yacht trip with Fish-R-Us that was awesome and the crew couldn't spoil you more! Just google it. They are great! The more people, the bigger the yacht!. Great food and drinks included! We did the afternoon/dinner/beautiful sunset/cliffdivers/snorkeling/ trip. You won't be sorry.:D:D:D

Archived