RCCL Mariner of the Seas

MnAsMom

We booked last minute this morning on to the Nickelodeon cruise leaving in 2 weeks!

The agent said there were 2 remaining balcony rooms that would sleep 4 people. Room #9526 (which we ended up choosing) and one towards the rear on Deck 6 over the Champagne Lounge. We figured being on deck 9 between cabins might be quieter than being above a lounge and closer to the promenade.

Did we make a good call? what are the negative to a forward cabin??? I wish we had more choices. we asked about a jr suite and it was 3 times the price since it wasn't part of the promotion they are running! OUCH

So did we choose wisely in your opinion or should I be calling back and trying to book the deck 6 room????

Thanks a bunch! Can't wait to see my kid faces when they realize we are boarding the NICK cruise! :)

While it sounds to me you made out quite well, I've only cruised a couple of times. I'm replying because we'll be there too, though in a couple of adjoining promenade view rooms. More spartan than balcony accommodations, but on the bright side, two bathrooms.

We booked last week on the 6th I thought WE were last minute Charlies! :D

Hope you and your family have a great time!

While it sounds to me you made out quite well, I've only cruised a couple of times. I'm replying because we'll be there too, though in a couple of adjoining promenade view rooms. More spartan than balcony accommodations, but on the bright side, two bathrooms.

We booked last week on the 6th I thought WE were last minute Charlies! :D

Hope you and your family have a great time!

Thanks! I think the promenade rooms sound fun. Will you have children with you? Our boys are 8 and 4!

Hope your family has a wonderful time as well! Nothin like booking last minute huh?!

9526 is not a bad location, you are pretty close to the forward elevators and stairs. You can walk up two flights to the pool, if you don't want to wait for the elevator. You may feel more motion that far forward, if the seas get a bit rocky, but that's just part of the experience!

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Mariner this last January --- while the Promenade Cabins

are nice for looking out of the windows (especially during the Parades) - we found them to be quite "cramped" space wise. We prefer a balcony

cabin --- but that's JMO. (Be sure to close your drapes --- folks directly

across the walk can see in your windows !)

Archived