Sapphire on October 17th

doubletree07

We are planning a Mexican Riviera cruise this fall, something different for us. Have gone Eastern/Western Caribbean several times as well as Bahamas, Alaska and Hawaii. My dilemma is whether to go with Princess/Sapphire or Carnival/Splendor. My last 4 day cruise (will never cruise less than 7 days again) was with Carnival and was not a good experience. I have heard the Splendor is a nice, clean ship. Any suggestions? Thanks much.:)

We are planning a Mexican Riviera cruise this fall, something different for us. Have gone Eastern/Western Caribbean several times as well as Bahamas, Alaska and Hawaii. My dilemma is whether to go with Princess/Sapphire or Carnival/Splendor. My last 4 day cruise (will never cruise less than 7 days again) was with Carnival and was not a good experience. I have heard the Splendor is a nice, clean ship. Any suggestions? Thanks much.:)

You should be asking about the Splendor over on the Carnival board. Here the choice is Sapphire.

In my mind theirs no contest here.... go sapphire Last Oct I did a b2b on sapphire got off it did the carnival pride the next day... wish I would of stayed on the sapphire......Ive done 15 carnival cruises...... my Friend jammen has been on the splendor its is a good experience but the sapphire just has so much more class!!!! and prises right now:) ab Carib balcony under 100 per night on line ta........my friend jammen & I will also be on the sapphire Oct 17 & 24 come over and join the roll call

Rob

In my mind theirs no contest here.... go sapphire Last Oct I did a b2b on sapphire got off it did the carnival pride the next day... wish I would of stayed on the sapphire......Ive done 15 carnival cruises...... my Friend jammen has been on the splendor its is a good experience but the sapphire just has so much more class!!!! and prises right now:) ab Carib balcony under 100 per night on line ta........my friend jammen & I will also be on the sapphire Oct 17 & 24 come over and join the roll call

Rob

I'm a newbie here and not sure on how to reply to a message. But thanks

Robi for your reply. We are leaning toward Princess. Never sailed with Princess and am checking out the message boards to see opinions.:)

I have to vote with Rob. Pick the Sapphire. I did the Mex. Riviera last November on the Sapphire and it was terrific. Like he said, prices are so low right now, I'm thinking of going again this year. I also vote for BA category on Caribe. You just can't beat the balconies on that deck!

For an October sailing, almost all of the excellent cruise staff and dining people we had in Alaska will still be on board. . . in fact, that's the #1 reason we booked a MexRiv sailing on Sapphire for the first one of the season. It's a beautiful ship and we had the time of our lives.

Archived