Just back from Coral Princess Dec. 10 - 20

Hapinowagain2

Guest THE EDS

Did you have a problem with unauthorized charges originating from the Wheelhouse Lounge? We had two and met several other passengers that experienced the same problem, one woman had a charge of $16.00 added to her account and she had not ordered anything had only been there to listen to the music while waiting for the show to start

Did you have a problem with the beds ours felt as if we were sleeping on a box spring could even feel the outline of the springs

Sabatinis was wonderful well worth the surcharge

PC GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE EDS

Guest THE EDS

Music in the lounges for the most part was very good. Shows were pretty much average except for the PRINCESS DANCERS they were fabuloous!

THE EDS

Generoso was not there. The fellow that was there from India acted like we never had a reservation in PC. We had one every night and for the same time.

Weather was beautiful--no rain. It wasn't really that hot & humid.

We did not care for the singer in the Wheel House. The one in the early evening could put you to sleep. However, we did enjoy Karen Sanders and Tony B in the Princess theatre.

We had a mini suite for the first time and really liked the extra room. It was nice having a tub and shower in the bathroom.

This is the first time we experienced so much rocking and rolling, particularly the night before and the day of Grand Cayman. Many water excursions were cancelled. Most days it was too windy to sit on the balcony. Don't know if this is typical of the Panama Canal cruise or the Coral Princess. Have been on many other cruises and only experienced mild rocking. We were in the forward section, but then we always are.

Thanks Largin. All four of us thought that about him too. He always acted like we were bothering him.

Our waiter was Arnold and he was terrific. Good waiter, wonderful personality and a sense of humor.

We also had Jorge and Ciska a couple of nights. She was the sweetest girl.

So glad that you enjoyed your cruise! Those of us now freezing here in the mid-Atlantic and mid-west are really looking forward to sailing on the Coral Princess on Feb. 16th.

Can you tell us about any excursions that you took or heard about that were great or "to be missed"? What time did the ship go back through the locks of the Panama Canal? Also, was the dress for "smart casual" truly casual or a cut above? Wondering whether DH needs a suit or sport coat in addition to his tux?

What night was the second formal night? Was that the Champagne Waterfall night? What nights would be good to book Bayou Cafe and Sabatinis?

Thanks!!!

Sandie

Did you have a problem with unauthorized charges originating from the Wheelhouse Lounge? We had two and met several other passengers that experienced the same problem, one woman had a charge of $16.00 added to her account and she had not ordered anything had only been there to listen to the music while waiting for the show to start

Did you have a problem with the beds ours felt as if we were sleeping on a box spring could even feel the outline of the springs

PC GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE EDS

Can anyone explain how those unauthorized charges get on one's bill? I'm afraid I don't understand. Don't they take your card and put it in a machine of sorts when you order? BTW, we check our bills every couple of days.

So glad that you enjoyed your cruise! Those of us now

freezing here in the mid-Atlantic and mid-west are really looking forward to sailing on the Coral Princess on Feb. 16th.

Can you tell us about any excursions that you took or heard about that were great or "to be missed"? What time did the ship go back through the locks of the Panama Canal? Also, was the dress for "smart casual" truly casual or a cut above? Wondering whether DH needs a suit or sport coat in addition to his tux?

What night was the second formal night? Was that the Champagne Waterfall night? What nights would be good to book Bayou Cafe and Sabatinis?

Sandie

Just home after a cold day in West Palm Beach post cruise... I wish we could go right back on the Coral!

Excursions: in Limon, we went zip lining--it was great! What a rush!! I would highly recommend it- if interested check out almondsandcorals.com. We did a tour in Panama, but I would guess that the ship went back through the locks around 11.

Dress was very casual (at least in PC dining) I felt over-dressed.

We booked Bayou the first night--thought it was an excellent meal! Probably the best of the entire cruise. Sabatinis on French night. It was good too, just make sure you do not eat much before--it is more food than 1 person needs in a day!

We will have better answers and a review when we get unpacked- we saved all the Patters-- just wanted to say "hi" to all of our new friends from the cruise! Hope you all had a safe trip home!

Feel free to ask us whatever....

PAT and KRISTIN

PC GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE EDS

We were billed for using the golf simulator--actually Kristin was billed, which is funny since she has never picked up a golf club in her life. We just went to the services desk and (shockingly) there was no receipt for the charges at Princess links. They happliy refunded the charge and apologized.

I think next time I will not wait until the 9th day to look at our bill. By then it looked like a novel.

Princess should allow guests to view their charges on the TV like Celebrity does. It seems like they are hiding something.........

My wife and I are looking forward to our cruise on the Coral January 7. Our doctor wants us to take malaria medicine before, during, and after our cruise because of the countries in Central America that the ship visits. We are planning shore excursions. Does anyone have experience with taken this medicine for a Coral cruise to Panama? Is it really necessary and what about side effects? Any information would be appreciated.

My wife and I are looking forward to our cruise on the Coral January 7. Our doctor wants us to take malaria medicine before, during, and after our cruise because of the countries in Central America that the ship visits. We are planning shore excursions. Does anyone have experience with taken this medicine for a Coral cruise to Panama? Is it really necessary and what about side effects? Any information would be appreciated.

We took it beginning three days before the cruise, each day of the cruise, and finishing today. The first time I took it, it really upset my stomach to the point of real discomfort. After that, I always took after meals, and experienced no side effects. Kristin was never effected.

BTW, we went to the rainforest in Limon, and Panama and visited Belize and never were bothered by any insects.

Pat

We are leaving on the Coral on 12/28 and did get the malaria pills. We need to take them once a week with food so it does not upset the stomach. We need to start them the week prior, which is this week. However, since we won't be in Limon until 12/31, we will begin taking them this Thurs, then each week on the cruise and 2 weeks after.

Guest THE EDS
Can anyone explain how those unauthorized charges get on one's bill? I'm afraid I don't understand. Don't they take your card and put it in a machine of sorts when you order? BTW, we check our bills every couple of days.

I also don't understand, when guest relations were questions no receipt could be produced (twice) luckily we do check our bills every couple of days and that was how the first charge was detected WAS I SURPRISED TO FIND A SECOND TIME ON A NIGHT WE WERE NOT EVEN IN THE LOUNGE I agree with a later posting questioning why Princess doesn't allow you to check your account on the TV the way Celebrity does

THE EDS

Never heard of anyone on the cruises say they took malaria pills until reading this on rool call March 28th Coral. How many people take them and how many do not. Is it based on age or something.

I don't think it has anything to do with age (we are not old)... just the nature of the excursions you do. We were in the canopy of the forest zip lining, and our doctor suggested it would be a good preventative measure.

The only reason we are doing it is because we are ziplining in Costa Rica. I am not too worried but decided to be safe. Our friends went a little overboard and had typhoid shots and yellow fever pills too. But, we are only doing the malaria.

We leave on Jan.27 cruise. I would like to know what time the shows are so that I can figure out what time to make resevations for p.c. dining for our group of 10. Will they let you make resevations for a time between 6 and 8 pm?

Archived