Go To My PC

brian_uk

Last year I was not able to connect to my Office via the above and the Computer Room Op was less than helpful in installing this simple piece of software.

Anybody know if it is now available or do I have to rely on my Blackberry ?

Brian

Brian, is Go To My PC setting up a virtual VPN? If so, Celebrity/Azamara generally blocks that onboard. They're probably the most aggressive line with regard to port blocking through their system. They've eased up a bit, but I'd count on the BB to get it done, unfortunately.

Because of that this year I'm not even bringing my laptop; I'm bringing the BB and a bluetooth keyboard for any time I need to do more serious typing than my thumbs will allow.

What on earth is a VPN

I know that a V P L is a visible panty line but you have me stumped

Brian

LOL - sorry about that. VPN is virtual private network. It's a way to access a network remotely and securely. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network.

Doesn't look like Go To My PC functions that way, but I'm still betting it's the same port blocking security issues that are blocking your access... and I've not heard they've loosened them recently. Hopefully someone else will have more info.

Linda, the thought of me in a thong brings up an image not too dissimilar (except for certain anatomical details) from that of Sadrezin in a speedo, I'm afraid... I think VPLs may be more desirable, unfortunately.

I'm just hoping there won't be any VPL inspections onboard. I fear I may fail.

Archived