Native Choice Time Question

Chris931

I just booked the Chacchoben Ruins tour with Native Choice. When I filled out the reservation form, it asked for the time the ship will arrive. I looked online at our NCL schedule and it said 10 am. So the Native Choice site says our tour will start at 11 am.

Later, I saw on the NCL site that it takes about 2 hours from arrival before you can get off of the ship. Is that standard? Is it going to mess up our tour time? Do I need to change my reservation with Native Choice?

I've never heard of it taking even close to that long. Does Native Choice know what ship you're on? If so, they should know when to expect you. They have the ship schedules on their website and everything, so they're very used to working with cruise passengers.

• 1 month later...
I just booked the Chacchoben Ruins tour with Native Choice. When I filled out the reservation form, it asked for the time the ship will arrive. I looked online at our NCL schedule and it said 10 am. So the Native Choice site says our tour will start at 11 am.

Later, I saw on the NCL site that it takes about 2 hours from arrival before you can get off of the ship. Is that standard? Is it going to mess up our tour time? Do I need to change my reservation with Native Choice?

Do not worry !

1 hr is more than enough time !

Native Choice does an excellent job!

Native Choice, like most tour operators, understand the peculiarities of ship's schedules. I wouldn't worry about having someone there to meet you when you finally can get off the boat. Even if by some strange quirk your ship is later than another I would trust that they will honor your reservation and have a van and guide waiting for you.

We've booked with NC twice now, once to visit Chacchoben and one to tour Kohunlich. Though we had David for our first tour our second tour had a new/different guide named Enedina. We were ably served on both occasions and would recommend either tour without reservation. The one thing to consider with Kohunlich is that the site is considerably further away than Chacchoben. If you want time to poke around the pier or visit Majahual I would definitely recommend Chacchoben over Kohunlich.

Even though we have visited three mayan ruin sites in mexico (the third being Tuluum) each site has its own history and unique architecture. Apparently the various ruins date from different eras in the Mayan civilization accounting for the differences. No matter which tour you take, drink in the scenery and enjoy the history while you're at it.

• 1 month later...
Native Choice, like most tour operators, understand the peculiarities of ship's schedules. I wouldn't worry about having someone there to meet you when you finally can get off the boat. Even if by some strange quirk your ship is later than another I would trust that they will honor your reservation and have a van and guide waiting for you.

We've booked with NC twice now, once to visit Chacchoben and one to tour Kohunlich. Though we had David for our first tour our second tour had a new/different guide named Enedina. We were ably served on both occasions and would recommend either tour without reservation. The one thing to consider with Kohunlich is that the site is considerably further away than Chacchoben. If you want time to poke around the pier or visit Majahual I would definitely recommend Chacchoben over Kohunlich.

Even though we have visited three mayan ruin sites in mexico (the third being Tuluum) each site has its own history and unique architecture. Apparently the various ruins date from different eras in the Mayan civilization accounting for the differences. No matter which tour you take, drink in the scenery and enjoy the history while you're at it.

I am fairly new to cruising and feel safer booking through cruiseline. Are you saying that when you booked through NCL your tourguide was David from nativechoice?

Sorry about the confusion...we booked through Native Choice (NC) twice...not Norwegian Cruise Lines. On our first tour to Chacchoben we had David as our guide. This past January we had a new guide, Enedina as our guide to Kohunlich. She was fantastic too.

Thanks for clarification...when I read your post again I believe it was ME that caused the confusion. I read NC as NCL! Sorry about that:o

Sounds like Native choice is way to go but I am a worry wart and will probably go with ship tour....

Archived