pom shuttles

dolphinsjeep

Why would you do this? How would you accomplish this without being embarrassed? Is it really worth your time? A cab to the airport is $24.00 flat rate, plus tip. I know you didn't ask that, but if you're being serious, this bothers me. You're stealing. Take a cab. ;)

And why would they have a shuttle to the airport when you can just drop the car at their airport office, hmm? :confused: I don't get it.

"Technically", if they don't ask to see your paperwork, yes. It is up to the car rental company to control freeloaders and some are beginning to. If I was renting a car and the company's shuttle was full of people who were "stealing" my ride, and I had to wait for the next shuttle to pick up my car....I would be furious. :mad: Built into my rental fee is the cost of the "free" shuttles. The rental companies have heard complaints and are finally listening, especially at busy rental spots like MIA. :)

Every once in a while, someone actually has the nerve to ask us if it is possible or okay to do something dishonest or unethical. :o I guess I don't understand those people.

Please don't come here to ask US for permission or validity for your unethical choices. :rolleyes:

^ No need to lighten up. OP is talking about something that is serious and wrong, morally and ethically. We were just pointing that out. eandj makes some extremely valid points. I'd be choked if I was a bonafide customer awaiting a shuttle and my space was taken up by someone who was sneaking onto the bus. Wrong wrong wrong.

Whatevs. It might have been a joke post anyway.

Technically could someone take a shuttle to the rental car place and then take their shuttle to the airport without renting?

technically they could also cite you for petty theft too..:p

Geesh !! i really hope you don t have any children

to pass on these wonderful traits..:rolleyes:

HOLD ON HERE. What ever happened to there is no such thing as a dumb question? I have never traveled to the port of Miami and figured since I will be renting a car from a rental agency for three days before the cruise I could use their shuttle to the port. Then, I thought, I wonder if anyone in this situation could just use their shuttles back without renting on that return day. I do not know how busy these shuttles are so excuse my ignorance to not knowing the shuttles fill up fast and often (as from your posts, it sounds they do). As I said if was just a question and I don't know if I need to come here again for anymore "advice". Instead of steering me away from this idea for a logical reason you insult me. I am in no way a theif and am a respectful person to others. Did you ever think "Hmmm, this person could be new to this and doesn't figure why this is bad?" I am betting no, so thank you for your advice but I think you took your judgement a little to far. It is not like I have already done it and it effected you. It was just a simple question.

HOLD ON HERE. What ever happened to there is no such thing as a dumb question? I have never traveled to the port of Miami and figured since I will be renting a car from a rental agency for three days before the cruise I could use their shuttle to the port. Then, I thought, I wonder if anyone in this situation could just use their shuttles back without renting on that return day. I do not know how busy these shuttles are so excuse my ignorance to not knowing the shuttles fill up fast and often (as from your posts, it sounds they do). As I said if was just a question and I don't know if I need to come here again for anymore "advice". Instead of steering me away from this idea for a logical reason you insult me. I am in no way a theif and am a respectful person to others. Did you ever think "Hmmm, this person could be new to this and doesn't figure why this is bad?" I am betting no, so thank you for your advice but I think you took your judgement a little to far. It is not like I have already done it and it effected you. It was just a simple question.

Why not add details to your question upfront? :confused: You received an answer to your question as asked. "Technically"... yes you can. But....

It was not a "dumb" question as originally posted. But telling.

It was the type of question that occasionally people ask when they look to get a "free ride"..excuse the pun. And if a poster "is new" and doesn't "figure why this is bad" (using your words here) if not renting, ...huh?:rolleyes:

Yes, unfortunately it does affect those who pay for a rental and have no seat on their shuttle. We have had to stand on shuttles as well as wait for the next shuttle, while people in seats went the other direction , no where near the rental office on arrival.

Please do come back to cruise critic with your questions or comments. We will indeed help you. However, as with any board, there are some topics that generate strong feelings. good and bad. Just read all the posts re smuggling liquor, tipping, wardrobe policies etc. You'll see what I mean.

Hopefully you'll have a great time in Miami precruise. It is a fantastic city with much to offer.

OP, you certainly didn't take the time to explain yourself or the situation. Go back and re-read your first post; what were we supposed to think? All indicators suggested you were going to sneak onto a shuttle bus. Don't blame some of us for assuming, when your post was very open-ended and somewhat suspicious to begin with.

ASAIC, your pre-cruise rental with the agency was finished/terminated. They are under no obligation to shuttle you anywhere.

The first post was vague however, I think it would have been better explained on your part. An answer like, "you could but it would cost the people around you who need that shuttle to get to their rental car a spot. The shutles fill up fast and it is not advisable to use this shuttle without renting a car that day as well."

Simple and not insulting. I hope the next time you have a question about something, langley, and when you ask someone they rudely answer you and call a theif. Then ask you if you are embarresed about such an action that has not happened yet. Thank you for answering my question even if it was in a poor way.

In case you are wondering, I have made transpartation plans with another shuttle so I won't be taking anyone's seat. As I said I am not a theif.

So there is a shuttle from the Miami rental car area to the Port of Miami? Is this for any rental company or only certain ones? Flying into FLL is way cheaper, and we were planning on coming in the day before so having a car is a great idea to do some driving around Miami. I figured we would have to take a cab once we returned it, so that makes it a little expensive.

So there is a shuttle from the Miami rental car area to the Port of Miami? Is this for any rental company or only certain ones? Flying into FLL is way cheaper, and we were planning on coming in the day before so having a car is a great idea to do some driving around Miami. I figured we would have to take a cab once we returned it, so that makes it a little expensive.

Hertz does have a drop off/pick up downtown Miami and a shuttle to the port. You'd have to check the other companies. I haven't used others. There are no lots right at the port. Check on the hours/days too.

If you do a forum search here, for car rentals for port, you'll find lots of help.

If you aren't going to be driving around the Miami area for at least a couple days pre or post cruise, you might consider just using SAS shuttle to get from FLL to Miami. Parking can be difficult during peak times...and VERY expensive for overnights anywhere away from the airport.

Archived