What will a 5 year girl like to do in Belize that is safe?

sqerlygirl

We are taking our dd on her 1st cruise on the Glory in Nov. I briefly thought about the cave tubing but I know the long walk will be too much for her.

What are some other things that a five year old will enjoy? I would love to get away from the port and see some unspoiled areas.

TIA!

Charlene

A beach day is always good for munchkins. Bannister island would be my first pick, but there are others. There are several island tours available at the tenderdock , online or thru the cruiseship. When in doubt, Google.

Ask where the water taxi stand is -- I don't remember but it's like 3 blocks from the port. They have schedules posted like bus schedules. Buy tickets to Caye Caulker. That is about a 40 min. boat ride. Make note of when you have to catch the taxi to make it back to the last tender!

When you get off @ Caye Caulker, there is one main 'street' down the island. Turn right & walk to the end of the island. There is a nice shallow beach area there, lots of snorkeling, a little shack that serves sodas, mixed drinks, sandwiches, etc.

Spend whatever time you have enjoying the island, the views, the people, and the beach. It will be a wonderful, stress-free day, I promise!

Oh, & if you're dying to check your email or stock quotes, there is an internet shop right there on 'main street'.

Archived