July 26 cruise sold out

cruzemaven

I've been checking the bookings on our upcoming cruise and wondering how well this cruise would sell in this economy. Two months ago it was wide open in every category and now it is completely sold out. It's amazing how Azamara was able to sell so many cabins in a few weeks...the fares must have been very attractive.

Azamara has become very adept at selling out its cruises. Its yield management software certainly helps & its many bargains have brought new cruisers to the Azamara fold. As with the airlines, however, the problem isn't just to fill up the ships but also to make money, one of the issues the new management is suppose to address. In the meantime, enjoy the bargains--it is literally a "snooze, you loose" situation.

I am on an Oceania cruise for Sept 4 - same route.

We booked early, then got a deeper discount when it was offered - then the ship started to fill and the rates went UP. It is now sold out - in fact, they offered upgrades to passengers who were willing to change sailings.

My attitude - book real early (nothing to lose)- have my TA get me any discounts that arise along the way - and enjoy the cruise. I am booked on Azamara for February 2011 and I bet I will see an intermediate price drop!

Hi Laraine, I to am booked for Feb 2011, we always book far ahead and also know that if further discounts or cruise credits are issued they will be available as well. We are booked for back to back Asia Cruises

"Mitch"

Archived