Venice Airport to Ship Question

Traveling Bob

We usually never travel on the sail date, but this year has us arriving in Venice only 8 hours before we sail on the Spirit on 8/15. Can anyone provide some info as to the best way to get from the Airport to the Ship? (and the approximate cost?)

We usually never travel on the sail date, but this year has us arriving in Venice only 8 hours before we sail on the Spirit on 8/15. Can anyone provide some info as to the best way to get from the Airport to the Ship? (and the approximate cost?)

You can take the ATVO airport shuttle bus to Piazzali Rome. 20 minutes, 3 Euros. Then walk about 20 minutes or taxi to the cruise terminal. You can take a taxi from the airport direct to the cruise termunal for about 30 euros.

Which are are you docked in? If at Marittima (spelling might be a bit off here)...you can take the bus like the previous post says but if the dock is at San Basillio (sp?) than that will do you no good because it is in an entirely different area and I am not sure which bus stop, if any, that goes to. A lot of people assume that you dock at Marittima but that is not always the case. If you are going straight from the airport to the ship, the least expensive I've found to arrange for a private transfer was around 53 euro at www.venice-limousine.com. That was for a sedan car. Mini van with room for more luggage was a bit more.

As of right now, the Seabourn Spirit is scheduled at VE029, which is San Basilio. You can see the port schedule at http://www.vtp.it/pages/calendario/calendarioFiltri.jsp?m=6&r=N

I believe there's a vaporetto stop there, but perhaps someone else can help more specifically with that. I don't think the Alilaguna stops there, and the vaporetto can be difficult with luggage.

As of right now, the Seabourn Spirit is scheduled at VE029, which is San Basilio. You can see the port schedule at http://www.vtp.it/pages/calendario/calendarioFiltri.jsp?m=6&r=N

I believe there's a vaporetto stop there, but perhaps someone else can help more specifically with that. I don't think the Alilaguna stops there, and the vaporetto can be difficult with luggage.

Thanks for your help. You gave me more info than Seabourne when I called them!

Thanks for your help. You gave me more info than Seabourne when I called them!

My pleasure! Pier assignments can be a moving target, so some lines don't like to give them out until closer to sailing, just in case. Better to give no info sometimes than the wrong info!

Have a wonderful cruise. I sail into Venice on Azamara Quest on the 16th, so will just miss you.

There is a vaporetto stop at San Basilio, just over a small bridge and I think it was the 2, 63 and 65 vaporettos if I remember correctly. From the airport though, I would think a land taxi would be your best bet, they can drop you right off at the entrance for the port building where you check in. Normally its at least an hour to 90 minutes just to get out of the airport after baggage claim and passport control and then a 30-45 minute drive to the port (traffic towards P. Roma can be awful so it may take even longer), you can probably drop off luggage by the time you get there. Water taxi is another option, more money but an amazing experience, and at San Basilio they hand your luggage directly to the porters and you just stroll right into the port building.

Great info with the website! So if my ship (Celebrity Summit) says this:

20/09/200915:00CELEBRITY SUMMIT CELEBRITY CRUISES INC. VE110MAR

I would assume I am out of the Marrittima dock?

We arrive the day before but are not in a hotel. We should be able to check in on board and explore Venice on our own (coming back if we like) until time to leave, right? (Sorry if it's a dumb q - first timer here.)

Also, someone mentioned the ATVO - is that easily found from the airport? (I am looking for the most economical way!)

Many thanks,

Laura

We arrive the day before but are not in a hotel. We should be able to check in on board and explore Venice on our own (coming back if we like) until time to leave, right? (Sorry if it's a dumb q - first timer here.)

Also, someone mentioned the ATVO - is that easily found from the airport? (I am looking for the most economical way!)

Many thanks,

Laura

Laura, yes, you will be docked at Marrittima, as the Summit is too large for any of the closer piers.

I take it the Summit for your sailing overnights in Venice? If so, yes, you should be able to check in at the ship at about noon your first day, then come and go as you wish until your departure the next afternoon.

Many thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura, I thought you may find this link useful. www.alilaguna.it/index.en.html If you put in your starting point and destination it will give you the timetable & ticket prices. We disembarked our cruise in Venice last year and took the Alilaguna service from a stop right next to the ship (the Summit) to St Marks Sq. Then following our hotel stay we took Alilaguna from San Zaccharia (very near St Marks) right to the airport. I can tell you that ride was fantastic, and I am so looking forward to returning to Venice that way in September. It is magical to arrive on the water - even with luggage! The alilaguna site has maps of the routes. I think Linea Oro is the fastest from the airport, the blue line takes a longer, more scenic route. You can also buy tickets online I think, though we just got them on the boat for the journey to the airport as the ticket office was not open.

We are sailing with you on the Summit in September - in fact I believe we are doing the Amalfi Coast tour with you - with Scooby Steve & Co! Look forward to meeting you!

Kind regards,

Jackie

Hi Laura, I thought you may find this link useful. www.alilaguna.it/index.en.html If you put in your starting point and destination it will give you the timetable & ticket prices. We disembarked our cruise in Venice last year and took the Alilaguna service from a stop right next to the ship (the Summit) to St Marks Sq. Then following our hotel stay we took Alilaguna from San Zaccharia (very near St Marks) right to the airport. I can tell you that ride was fantastic, and I am so looking forward to returning to Venice that way in September. It is magical to arrive on the water - even with luggage! The alilaguna site has maps of the routes. I think Linea Oro is the fastest from the airport, the blue line takes a longer, more scenic route. You can also buy tickets online I think, though we just got them on the boat for the journey to the airport as the ticket office was not open.

We are sailing with you on the Summit in September - in fact I believe we are doing the Amalfi Coast tour with you - with Scooby Steve & Co! Look forward to meeting you!

Kind regards,

Jackie

Jackie,

Yup - that is me! Looking forward to meeting you as well! Many thanks for the website - it looks/sounds fantastic to arrive that way. Our plane arrives at 11:30, so I put in the 12-16 time wrap from Airport to the port, and this is what came up.

From station: Airport (APT)

To station: Stazione Marittima (MAR)

ticket cartavenezia subscription integrated subscr.

€15.00 €7.50 €33.00 €20.00

Can it be that a ticket from the airport (Marco Polo) to the port is only 15 Euro?? Does this sound right?

Laura, yes, you will be docked at Marrittima, as the Summit is too large for any of the closer piers.

I take it the Summit for your sailing overnights in Venice? If so, yes, you should be able to check in at the ship at about noon your first day, then come and go as you wish until your departure the next afternoon.

Thanks for your reply Amber. Yes, I believe it is there overnight in Venice. Since we don't have a hotel in Venice, we can go back to sleep on the ship, right?

Thanks,

Laura

Hi Laura, Yes I think that's right; but Sssshhhhh don't tell everyone! Ha ha. We are going from Marco Polo to San Zaccaria & that's about €13. per person You put your luggage at the front and take a seat - like a bus.

Jackie

Hi Laura, Yes I think that's right; but Sssshhhhh don't tell everyone! Ha ha. We are going from Marco Polo to San Zaccaria & that's about €13. per person You put your luggage at the front and take a seat - like a bus.

Jackie

That sounds sooo fantastic. I am a bit confused though. When I clicked on the Venice One Way Ticket routes, I don't see Stazione Marittima on the Red, Blue or Orange lines like is shown in the drop-down box on the home page. (That's how I came up with the info I posted earlier with 15 - from the home page Station to Station drop downs.) I assume that Stazione Marittima is the Marittima port - where I want to go, right?

So, which station should I head to? We are trying to go from airport to ship to check in, then sightsee. Any tips? I have no idea where any of the other stops on those lines go :confused: and didn't see an email for them on the site.

Thank you in advance and sorry for all the questions! I figured maybe someone else could be helped by asking them all here, but if you think I'm too dense to get it here, by all means email me :D ElleDN@gmail.com

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you would have to take one of the Alilaguna lines (it looks like the Blu, Arancio and Red lines all stop at San Marco Giardinetti) from the Airport to the San Marco Giardinetti stop, then transfer to the Alilaguna's Marrone line to get from San Marco Giardinetti to the Stazione Marittima.

If you access the Alilaguna website and enter these two stops, you will receive timeframes. For example: (I think the heading they have that says Linea Marrone (San Marco - Aerporto) is probably incorrect.

From station: San Marco Giardinetti (SMG)

To station: Stazione Marittima (MAR)

ticketcartaveneziasubscriptionintegrated subscr.

6.50 €3.00 €33.00 €20.00 €

Time wrap: 00 - 04 04 - 08 08 - 12 12 - 16 16 - 20 20 - 24

Linea MARRONE (SAN MARCO-AEROPORTO) [map]

verde.gifSan Marco Giardinetti 12:10 12:40 13:10 13:40 14:40 15:10 15:40

rosso.gifStazione Marittima 12:30 13:00 13:30 14:00 15:00 15:30 16:00

If you click on the [map], the map clearly shows from San Marco to the port.

If I'm totally off-base. I'm sure someone will provide the correct information!!!

Hi, Yes I think you are right 'newcruiser'. However you should be able to buy a ticket which covers you for the whole journey at 15 euros as this is what is shown on the Alilaguna price list.

Also, I have learned from the Venice Airport website - veniceairport.com that there is an Alilaguna desk in the Arrivals area (kiosk 78 - looks like you turn left when you come through baggage claim) They should be able to help. Alilaguna's e-mail address is info@alilaguna.it

Also, thought this might be useful:-found a good map showing the Stazione Marittima. Go to http://www.vtp.it

Click on Terminals' location (along the top), then click on Cruise Teminal (down left hand side) this will bring up a map, which you can download as a PDF.

Once you have downloaded it you probably need to click on the map to make it bigger - unless your eyesight is a lot better than mine!:eek:

The ship schedule (same website) shows the Summit will be berthed at area 110, which you can see on the above map.

The Alilaguna boat will arrive from St Marks (Giardinetta) at Stazione Marittima at the far end of the dock (indicated by the purple coloured box)

I assume we will have to check-in at one of the buildings coded green. I expect our cruise documents will tell us where. All this research is making me even more excited :D

By the way Laura, you are not dense! Things are only easy when you know how - we are all learning new stuff together on here! :p

Kind regards,

Jackie

In your original post you said "we" so I am presuming there are at least two of you. I have not done a land taxi from the airport to the cruise terminal, but it seems like it will not be that much more than if you paid for two aliguguana tickets. I think it will be quite a long ride doing it on water compared to the land route. You should have plenty of time, but if your plane was a bit late and allowing customs, baggage collection and the fact that you will be tired, you may want to consider the land option. I believe the time tables can give you good info on how long it will take. I can't imagine the trip from the airport to the pier via land could take more than 40 minutes.

I may be wrong on this but I think it is a good 10 minute walk to where you get the water transportation. You may want to try to google "venice transportation" or something like that and see if you come up with websites that can give you prices for land transportation.

I am exploring water taxi rates from a hotel to the pier, and I am not coming up with a big difference in price from one place to another. I am guessing the prices are fairly well controlled and not negotiable.

Archived