Why can't I see cruise critic countdown clocks

Sox Fan Cruiser

When I am scrolling around the Princess board (the only one that I look at! :p), I can't see my countdown clock and I can't see some others. Although I can see some countdown clocks, those are ones that are different than mine. I used the ones directly from cruise critic so I assume the other ones I can see are also the cruise critic type.

And I was told that other people can see my clock.

Thoughts anyone? I used to be able to see them. I'm thinking it a browser setting but can't find it.

You need to edit your options to allow you to see them.

Under the large CC Banner panel above, on the far left you'll see "User CP." Go there, then go down the menu on the left to "Edit Options."

In the third block down check the "Show Signatures" block - and any other you want :-)

Good luck

Yeah, I tried that but I had show signatures on. What I was seeing for the clock was the image missing and just a small box with a red x in the left hand corner.

I even see that in my User CP in the Preview section of the signature.

So stupid me deleted them out of my CP and went back to the CC countdown clock section. Now when it try to set up a new one ALL the images are gone with the just the little box with the red x is there.

I know, I should set up a new non CC countdown clock but then that doesn't solve the problem of seeing other folks.

Any techies out there! Maybe my browser can't read the image type.

I had this problem once before, went back in and deleted everything, then added them again. That worked for a while, but recently all I have are those same boxes with the red X. I give up! I just deleted them and haven't put them back.

I'm running into the same thing. I checked my user CP under the signature settings, and everything is where it should be. Now, when I am on CC at work, I can see my countdown clock. So, now it's making me think it has something to do with my own PC. But, not sure where to check. I even asked on our roll call, and everyone else can see my clock but me. Any help out there???:confused::confused:

I am beginning to wonder if our "moderator" reads any of these threads. This sure looks like a glitch in Cruise Critics software. Still no clocks visible for me:-(

49er

Hi. I've followed the directions multiple times to try and set up a countdown clock, but it's not working. I even tried other sites countdown clocks, Firefox, and Safari (I'm on a Mac), but nothing is working. It doesn't show up in preview or when I post.

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG????:mad:

49er - I show three countdown clocks on your post - has it been fixed, or are there supposed to be more? I normally don't have my setting to show them but just switched to see if I even had one - guess I never did :-)

I am beginning to wonder if our "moderator" reads any of these threads. This sure looks like a glitch in Cruise Critics software. Still no clocks visible for me:-(

49er

I see all your clocks 49er....you have a cruise on the Golden coming

up in 16 days!!! yea have fun..;)

49er

Already verified that its not the Cruise Critic's issue.

When I am scrolling around the Princess board (the only one that I look at! :p), I can't see my countdown clock and I can't see some others. Although I can see some countdown clocks, those are ones that are different than mine. I used the ones directly from cruise critic so I assume the other ones I can see are also the cruise critic type.

And I was told that other people can see my clock.

Thoughts anyone? I used to be able to see them. I'm thinking it a browser setting but can't find it.

Hi i lost mine a few weeks ago, deleted everything and started again without any luck, so just left it and today they seem to be back.:confused: Spooky

Ian:cool:

• Administrators

Very recently, both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox upgraded their browsers, making it impossible to see and/or either create one of our countdowns. We apologize, as we haven't yet figured out what exactly is the issue. The fix is on our production schedule, we hope to have this fixed shortly.

Laura

Very recently, both Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox upgraded their browsers, making it impossible to see and/or either create one of our countdowns. We apologize, as we haven't yet figured out what exactly is the issue. The fix is on our production schedule, we hope to have this fixed shortly.

Laura

Thanks Laura...you have solved the mystery so to speak. At least we know it is not our personal settings.

I was JUST in this thread and couldn't see the CC countdown clocks. Then I went over into my roll call and could see them on other folks. So I went in and was able to create them and it all works now.

Weird huh?!?

I am downloading security updates right now (my company's computer) so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Can the other folks that were having trouble see theirs again. Maybe CC fixed the problem.

Archived