qm2 pasteries

sweetone0523

In Sir Samuels you can order tea or hot chocolate in place of coffee, like you I do not drink coffee so always order something else.

However on the QV in January, I sat down and asked for a pastrie without ordering a drink, and was refused.told "you have to buy a drink if you want to eat" Personally I think the staff were simply being officious, but have not tried that on QM2.

We found Sir Samuels about midway through our 10 day cruise on the QM2 last December.

We loved both the Almond and Chocolate pastries.

Every morning after that we went there and asked for two of each, took them up to the top deck and enjoyed them with some coffee from the King's Court that we picked up on the way.

No one ever gave us a problem about buying a drink.

Pleased to read you had no problem, I did think the refusal I received was simply the staff being "uppity" if you read my report on that cruise on QV you will see that a number of things went wrong and in each case it was due to staff not knowing or failing to understand their duty to passengers.

For instance"-

All the passengers requiring wheelchair assist, were left sitting in the Chart Room for over 3 hours without any help, not even a glass of water, we were just totally ignored, , people missed flights, transport etc Writtten complaints to Cunard later , resulted in a computer generated "one sizes fits all " letter.

The pastries in Sir Samuels are to die for.

Archived