Rome by Train?

fox_crusier

hey you all. thanks so much for all that great info. i have printed out everything and am pretty much ready for my diy trip to rome. i have two questions for anyone that's been that is willing to take the time out to answer me. first question is once we get off the train at the vatican and do the vatican, how do we know what metro/buses to catch. is there a good map or are they at the metro stations? we are going to buy the birg ticket so does that come w/a map?

second question, do we buy tix to get into the vatican/colesium/other stuff ahead of time so we don't wait in that line or is that not possible? thanks so much to you all. really great info.

You don't get a bus map with your ticket. Printed versions can be purchased at most newstands in Rome, or you can print out the PDF file from the web site at www.atac.roma.it. The site also has a mapping feature where you can put in your starting and ending points and it will show you which bus to take and where to change, if needed. I'm not sure if that part of the site is in English, however.

I would absolutely purchase my tickets ahead of time for the vatican museums. This allows you to bypass the (long) lines. Use the vatican web site for this.

Archived