Help! We'll be sailing on the Crown on New Years Eve-what can we expect?

Ohio-C-Luver

We had a great New Year cruise on Golden a few years ago. They had a special formal dinner and then from recollection you could either do the posh thing and go dancing or else there was a deck party which we went to. Lots of balloons and streamers - a very nice evening indeed. People on board for Christmas complained that they did not celebrate it very much but they certainly made up for it on New Year's Eve:D

We were on a New Year's sailing a few years ago on the Golden Princess. On New Year's Eve, the ship had four different parties in different areas of the ship. Big band, rock and roll, etc. They had a small balloon drop at midnight at the big band dance and a large balloon drop in the atrium. It was a lot of fun. The Captain came on the PA system about a minute or so before midnight to count down to midnight. They also handed out noisemakers and hats.

On New Year's Day, they had a special brunch in the Dining Rooms.

I have done 10 New Year's Eve. It is always formal and always a party. I love it and you don't have to worry about drunk drivers. I don't drink anymore but I think they have stopped the free champagne. Oh yea, there will be hundreds of kids.

We spent last New Years Eve on the Emerald. There was a Black and White Ball in the atrium complete with balloon drop and on deck there was a deck party. It was a formal night and there was lots of champage for purchase. Most people were dressed to the nines, even on deck. There was an upgraded buffet in the Cafe Caribe after midnight and there was a large crowd.

Yes, it was a full ship and there were lots of kids, but I would gladly do it again. It was the best New Years that I have spent.

We spent last New Years Eve on the Emerald. There was a Black and White Ball in the atrium complete with balloon drop and on deck there was a deck party. It was a formal night and there was lots of champage for purchase. Most people were dressed to the nines, even on deck. There was an upgraded buffet in the Cafe Caribe after midnight and there was a large crowd.

Yes, it was a full ship and there were lots of kids, but I would gladly do it again. It was the best New Years that I have spent.

Thanks Everyone! We were on the Crown for a Halloween cruise, but it was minimal, lots of beautifully carved pumpkins in the Atrium, and all the carvers, chefs etc were there for the presentation! But that was about it.

I thought the dress would be a bit more dressy that usual on that night! Anyone been on the Crown on New Year's Eve?

Yep, my daughter (15) and I were on the Crown last NYE. It was our 2nd New Years cruise and just a great way to spend the holiday.

Everyone was in a great mood. Party in the Atrium, live band, balloon drop. Party on deck. The teens had their own party in Club Fusion but a lot were roaming around too. No free champagne but that's fine with me.

It was no more crowded than any full sailing - which is every ship I've ever been on.

Lots of repeat cruisers. My daughter ran into kids that had been on NYE cruise on the Caribbean Princess that we were on the year before. There are plenty of kids but seemed to me it was less than our spring break cruises. More couples than big family groups.

You'll have a great time!

Thanks for all your comments etc. We have never been on a holiday cruise on New Years! It sounds like lots of fun, have already told my DH that he better be taking a nap that day, as he is usually early to bed. I'm retired and this will be my first time away from home celebrating New Years-I plan to party and leave the driving to Princess! LOL :eek::p;)

Again my thanks to everyone for taking time to let me know how it will be!:D

Archived